when apple/tab switching--is it possible to maximize finder windows?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iWasWondering, Jun 1, 2005.

1. iWasWondering macrumors newbie

I sometimes minimize my finder or application window when I'm not using them, but when I apple/tab back to a window that has been minimized, it does not open back up (maximize), I have to go down to the dock and select it to maximize...

any thoughts on this?

Thanks for any insight...

(BTW, I have Tiger)

2. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

I get this too, and there's nothing I'm aware of that you can do about it, besides learn window commands within an application. In iTunes, for instance, cmd+1 will bring the minimized window to the front... If there are commands for this in an application they'll almost always be in the "window" menu.

3. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Yeah, it is too bad that this is not consistent. Is it possible for you to get close enough with *hiding* your finder windows instead of minimizing them? I had hoped that Tiger would integrate these two features together....

5. iWasWondering thread starter macrumors newbie

For now, I'm trying to train myself to leave windows open... it's just so quick to use apple/tab it's annoying to have that one single variance that keeps it from being most effective.... unfortunately, it also appears that expose tends to ignore minimized windows as well? That at least should be customizeable...

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

But you didn't answer my question...what's wrong with hiding instead of minimizing? It works for apple-tab, albeit not for exposé....

7. iWasWondering thread starter macrumors newbie