When are Apple going to release new displays???

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Source, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Source macrumors member

Oct 9, 2002
    I really really want to start ordering displays for my company, but i'm too worried they're going to release new displays with iSights (which we could really use now that standalone iSights have been discontinued) and HDMI support.

Why have they discontinued iSights without releasing them integrated into Cinema Displays?
  2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Mar 30, 2005
    Good question, Maybe you can call Steve Jobs and ask him :D (ha ha). On that note I think we all like to see new displays. We just have a wait and see
  3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

Mar 4, 2006
    Kent, UK - the 'Garden of England'.
    *Hugs ACD* Hopefully never, it'd be criminal to change them :p

(Unless they're going to have them LED-backlit and super thin)
  4. Source thread starter macrumors member

Oct 9, 2002
    I don't care if they just update them with iSights and HDMI support, but I'm going to end up ordering a few soon and if they release new ones soon afterwards I'm going to be slightly annoyed. Or I just wait... Not sure what to do.
  5. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Oct 31, 2006
    If you don't care about iSight or HDMI, then why would you be annoyed it they come out with new ones. They updated them in summer, so besides those two things, I doubt they will have much more difference. If you need them, buy them. You won't look back. Or, wait 3 years and realize you will always be wanting something new.
  6. Source thread starter macrumors member

Oct 9, 2002
    Sorry Aaron, you missunderstood me - I said I don't care if they JUST do that, but I want them to at least do that and do it soon.
  7. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Jul 22, 2002
    Almere, The Netherlands
    In August/September, they always have been updated around then, unless if they introduce a new size.
  8. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Jun 10, 2006
    Maybe they will be updated at the imaginary (so far) February 20th Apple event.
  9. ventro macrumors 6502a

Sep 23, 2006
    You'll have to wait until 2008 for 200dpi displays according to the state of the mac union address.