When are new IBOOKS coming

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by acherkasky, Sep 18, 2003.

1. acherkasky macrumors newbie

I am not sure how popular Ibooks are in the Apple community because it seems that all the threads and discussions are whirling around Powerbooks...but my dilemma is whether or not to wait (or how long to wait) before purchasing an Ibook...I am an emailer and surfer and feel a Powerbook is toooooo much of a computer for my needs..any scoops or thoughts about NEW Ibooks and when? Thank you!

2. Physiognome macrumors member

Check the main page :)

A release in time for Christmas would be the smart thing to do, but if they're using the 750GX, that's less likely.

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

4. airmac macrumors regular

Not to be the pain in the ass ..... I bothered and visit the page but there is no main-page info there...it just directs you back to the MacRumors.com Front Page...
    nevermind

5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

arn setup product specific rumor pages just for these types of questions...those are all the current rumors about iBooks and speculation concerning them....there was also that brand new story posted on the front page about them so don't get all uppity, this is what we know

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If they use the "new 750GX chip" that people are muttering about, then not until Dec/January. Otherwise, it may come by November. I'm hoping for November. I definitely need to buy it before Xmas.