When are the isight camera/RF remote displays coming out?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by TyleRomeo, Aug 8, 2006.

1. TyleRomeo macrumors 6502a

okay anyone who buys a new iMac, macbook, macbook pro has front row and photobooth included in their systems. even mac minis have the rf remote sensor right on the front so they can also do front row.

Now Steve just said that 10.5 will ship with both front row and photobooth with the OS. Now what good is that for mac pro customers since they have to buy a isight camera for their display to use photobooth and new features of ichat AV and without a RF sensor on the display front row isn't exactly going to work so well.

So if apple just dropped the prices on the displays and even upgraded the specs on them, why not include isight and rf sensor in the displays. What is apple waiting for? And what are the chances that new displays will come out around the time Leopard finally ships in spring?

Tyler

2. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

They are waiing to make a new generation. They just wanna sell out their old junk before they start making somethig new...

3. TyleRomeo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Then why would they increase the specs from the original 20 and 23 inch displays?

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Because they're slowly moving up to what the next displays are going to have.

5. TyleRomeo thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok so how does a mac pro user use front row?

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Front Row requires neither the Remote nor the iSight.... So I guess the answer you're looking for is, "Ermm, with a mouse?"

A second option would be a Bluetooth device and Sailing Clicker, using this.

7. TyleRomeo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Funny since last time i checked apple likes showing off front row with their apple RF remote and not some hacked powermac/mac pro front row that we can use with a mouse or keyboard, if we have to be that close why even bother with front row and why not just use itunes/iphoto ect..

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Why on earth are you calling me out? I didn't design it. :rolleyes: If it bothers you that much, don't run Front Row. Or don't buy a Mac Pro.

9. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Remember none of today's Mac Pros have front row and photobooth built in. That's 10.5 By then they can upgrade their OS and display and get both the iSight built in and a remote.

10. TyleRomeo thread starter macrumors 6502a

why on earth are you ballbusting me on the possible functionality of front row, i know how you can use it but i want to use it with a mac pro and an apple remote and with 10.5 leopard but apple has failed to make that possible and looking for some clear understanding why they would do such a thing.