Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
So the "Steve" is going to show off the beta on Monday morning, which is awesome. However when do you guys think we can expect the final product to ship? Same time as Tiger did? Meaning around late April. :confused:I think that the next version of iLife, being iLife 07', is going to ship in January before Leopard is released. Once again making a new version of iLife available on macs that still have Tiger on them. This situation happened last year with iLife 05' and Tiger.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
But is it just me, or does Tiger still seem new and fresh? Lol, I dunno when I had Panther and Tiger was about to be released I couldn't wait. Now with Leopard coming out I feel as if I don't really care. Maybe its because of the features I have yet to know of exist. :p

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
michaelrjohnson said:
Why did you put Steve in quotes? :confused:

i don't think the quotes are as funny as calling him the Steve. can you imagine someone at apple sayin "hey the Steve... i'm done workin' on the iPhone prototype!"

i need a nap.

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
I don't normally say this kind of thing, but in this case I think is appropriate: Wait three days and find out!

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
pianoman said:
i don't think the quotes are as funny as calling him the Steve. can you imagine someone at apple sayin "hey the Steve... i'm done workin' on the iPhone prototype!"

i need a nap.

Well the "Steve" refers to the iPod as just iPod as if it were someone. For example he will often say "with iPod you can do such and such".

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
pianoman said:

i need a nap.
ya like "the donald".. steve said last year that it should come out late 06- early 07 to land with vista.

"but steve, vista will be coming out in june '07! that will give them enough time to copy us again!"

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
pianoman said:

i need a nap.
:eek: I missed the "the". ;):D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
i'm expecting late February 2007 with the good fixes by April 2007, so that it's usable. ;)

I just hope the enhanced performance makes it worth the wait. Intel-based machines should see a healthy increase.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
November 2006
iChat integration with MSN and other IM programs
FrontRow 2.0
iTunes 7 (supporting .avi and .wmv)
QuickTime 8 (supporting .avi and .wmv)
Bootcamp

Some cool new features only SJ would e able to think of....:rolleyes:

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Forget about late 2006 or early 2007 I'd much prefer August 2006 :p

The lid has been kept rather tight on this OS perhaps to avoid MS getting their grubby hands on any ideas for Vista.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
QUESTION...

Could apple have implemented any of Vista's new features in Leopard..?? hrm...

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
My thought is that we'll get a release date at MWSF in January. Probably looking at at an early February release date. That's 6 months from now and 1 month after the release date is announced. IIRC, Tiger's release date was announced about a month in advance.

projectle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
Real question is how many people are enough of a fanatic to buy the $500 ADC subscription so that they can get 10.5 a few months early...

I only ask because depending on what it looks like at this WWDC, I may just do that. I have been a long time software developer working with Linux and OS X however havent bothered getting a subscription yet.

Hopefully something truly innovative will make me change my mind.

L

Lau

CubaTBird said:
QUESTION...

Could apple have implemented any of Vista's new features in Leopard..?? hrm...

What, the ones that aren't already in Tiger? :p

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I believe Apple will release it in Spring, but thats just a guess. We won't know until we see the feature set at WWDC Monday.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
viccles said:
I hope its not too expensive to upgrade! I want that Bootcamp :D

There are no "Upgrade" versions Vic, the disk you buy is a full install disk however it does have an "Upgrade" option when installing. This means for folks like me who had 10.3 preinstalled and bought 10.4 we can install 10.5 and sell/give away the 10.4 disk without violating any agreements. On Windows, when you buy an "Upgrade" disk you have to hang onto the original copy to prove you had a full version of Windows.

It will most likely cost exactly what Tiger costs now, $199 for a single install, $299 for a family pack with 5 installs ($129 single install for Education customers).

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
Chundles said:
It will most likely cost exactly what Tiger costs now, $199 for a single install, $299 for a family pack with 5 installs ($129 single install for Education customers).

That's in AU$

In USD, it was $129 for single, $89 (?) for EDU, and $199 for Family.

jholzner

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
Champaign, IL
Chaszmyr said:
I don't normally say this kind of thing, but in this case I think is appropriate: Wait three days and find out!

I doubt they will announce a release date at WWDC. I don't think they have ever annoucned a release date during and of the other OS previews at WWDC. It was always announced at a later date.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Josias said:
November 2006
iChat integration with MSN and other IM programs
FrontRow 2.0
iTunes 7 (supporting .avi and .wmv)
QuickTime 8 (supporting .avi and .wmv)
Bootcamp

Some cool new features only SJ would e able to think of....:rolleyes:

Why would Quicktime support .wmv natively. I don't see that happening at all. It competes with .h264.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.