When did you look like an adult?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheDance511, Feb 28, 2007.

1. TheDance511 macrumors 6502

Okay i have a strange question for all you here today.....im a teen...18 lol as ive mentiooned many times for various reasons..anyway my question to you adults out there is when did you your body fully matture...i mean like when did your faces and form appear like it stays until you get really old (over 60) i hope you know what i mean because a person thats 28 looks different when they are 30..if you knwo what im ean please post here... i know i didnt use the best description but yeeah please bear with me here on this one. :D

2. bartelby macrumors Core

When did I look like one?

I used to buy alcohol from an off license (Liquor store) when I was 15. Does that count?

3. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    About 14.

Nah, they sell to anyone who can reach high enough to put cash on the counter.

4. bartelby macrumors Core

Damn!!:(

In that case I still don't look like an adult!

5. Lau Guest

11 or 12. Seriously. I remember getting asked where something was in a department store when I was 11 because I looked like I worked there and I first got served alcohol in a pub when I was 14. I was the same height then as I am now.

Not sure how that happened, but since I've been about 21, people seem to think I look younger than I am. So I kind of got the best of both worlds there. :p

6. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Umm... 20, and I still don't look like an adult. I guess I can get drinks at restaurants, but thats about it.

7. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

They do? :eek: Ah, the innocence of youth. :) I think you'll find that many people who are of adult-years would disagree with that statement.

8. TheDance511 thread starter macrumors 6502

SORRY i nmean 18

9. iGav macrumors G3

12-13 ish, I had sideburns and a stipey goatee at 13. :D

Up until I was 22, and was in the process of buying four Newcastle Browns from a Safeway's in a small town in Oregon, I'd never been asked for my I.D. either. Which is impressive when one considers that I started clubbing at 14. :D I was very flattered by the way. Weheh.

10. SoldOutMatinee macrumors regular

SoldOutMatinee

Lucky! I'm 18 and have never had facial hair or shaved, I'm starting to think if I ever will. :(

11. 925AS macrumors member

Im 23 and I still look like a minor. Last week in Tahoe I was carded for an R rated film. That usually doesn't happen but wow, I mean a movie theatre.

Im just going to hit 30 and then i'll look like im 60.

12. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Okay, apology accepted. Whew, you had me scared for a second there.

13. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I'm not sure you can judge on how often you get served alcohol with no questions. I rarely get asked for ID here, but i'm university and they're used to students. When I go home, I'll get ID'd every godamn time I try to buy alcohol or anything like that. While I can understand it, it's extremely annoying when I'm not used to it here in university. And they're not that polite about it either.

So when did I look like an adult? Here in university, I guess I already do. Back home? Might as well be 12 for all the good it does me. ;)

14. Teddy's macrumors 6502

when a young guy told me: Hello I am a Mac
    and I said... And I am a.. :mad: GRRR

Now seriously, my first job.

15. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

See, ive been going up the town since I was 16, but I still don't think I look that old now. I was always big (Tall and Fat) but didn't think I looked that old, and still don't think I do.

Oh well.

16. MultiM macrumors 6502

MultiM

In the real world, I was probably about 14-15. In my own mind, right about now, I guess.:rolleyes:

17. nazmac21 macrumors 6502a

nazmac21

I am starting to look like an adult right now, even though I am 14.
    Something weird, 12 people say I look Italian and one person said I look Turkish.

18. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Oh geez.

I was carded for an R-rated movie (17+) when I was 25. :D

I think I was around 32 when I started to look over 18.

19. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

That depends. If I shave, I can get away telling people I'm 15. If I don't people think I'm in my late twenties-early thirties. :confused:

20. iRachel macrumors 6502a

When I was 11, I was at a restaurant with my family, and the waitress asked me if I wanted a beer! My dad gave her a crazy look, and told her that I'd have pepsi instead. I don't know what she was thinking...I definitely looked older than my age and always have, but I don't know that I looked 10 years older than I actually was!

As for when I actually did look "adult," I would say when I was about 15 or 16 - I was able to get into R-rated moves without being carded at about 15.

21. BigPrince macrumors 68020

22. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

I'm 21.

If I shave I look like I'm 14.

If I don't, I look like I'm 14 and trying to look older - and failing miserably.

23. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

they actually check your ID for R-rated movies? maybe since I have never been checked could be that I buy them on DVD instead of seeing them in the theater, or Maybe I look like an adult now. I'm 16.

24. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

But don't they card you if they think you're 25 and under? Sure, the legal age for most things is 18 or 19 years, but to be safe, bars and most other places which card you are supposed to do so even if they think you're over 18, because you're under 25. There are too many young people who look 18 years old, and some older people look young. Bars are supposed to check these people.

Anyway, I'm 26 and I got carded yesterday before going into a bar (drinking age = 18 years). I get carded for a lot of things, but I think me and the bouncer both know that I'm not 17. ;)

I looked 18 when I was 14-15 years old. Right now, I'm 26, and most people guess that I'm 22-24 years old.

25. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Actually, those cinemas checked more often but they only checked people who they thought were 16 and under. Being half-Asian meant that I was always shorter and younger-looking.

I can't say that I've seen anyone checked anywhere else but they definitely check people buying cigarettes here, even when they look 30.