Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm waiting and I'm 22. But I've always been a little conservative in myself like that, waiting till I'm engaged to the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with and such.

But for funs - first kiss at 14, first other stuff at 18.

iTeen

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2007
Washington
I'm 15...and I have to opportunity to lose it very soon.

But I am going to wait...I just don't think its right at this point.

:eek:

And I am a straight boy btw.

apsterling

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2007
Still Virgin, and probably will be for a while- I'm not sure whether to go by the morality of the church, standard American morality, and even so I'm not in any position to granted I have no girlfriend.

Not been kissed either. I'm 15 at the moment.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
I was a late bloomer. Glad that I waited.

One thing about loosing your virginity, is that once you've lost it, it's gone and can never be regained. So I would offer, that when you loose it, do it with someone special for the right reasons.

tMac85

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2007
in a great place
I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad if they haven't lost it yet, I'm simply curious. Please also say whether you're male or female; I want to know if there's a significant difference between the two demographics. And please, keep responses civil and clean, I don't want any smut in this thread.

I'm 16, but I lost it at 15. I'm a male.

im sorry, i just dont think that you at age 16, being that you probably did it once, have the need to post a thread about this, or even act like you are so knowledgeable about this subject. not that i have anything against your personal life or know you at all. but it just sounds like you are want to brag. youre 15 and you have so much ahead of you. take your time.

male

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Still Virgin, and probably will be for a while- I'm not sure whether to go by the morality of the church, standard American morality, and even so I'm not in any position to granted I have no girlfriend.
Go at your own pace :) Don't let anyone rush you into something you're not comfortable with. But by all means if you want it then go for it :p

One thing about loosing your virginity, is that once you've lost it, it's gone and can never be regained. So I would offer, that when you loose it, do it with someone special for the right reasons.
This is my thinkings. I wish my first kiss never happened, wrong person completely. That kind of disaster made me think that yea - once it's gone it's gone. No amount of reconstructive surgery or hypnosis can bring it back :p

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Go at your own pace :) Don't let anyone rush you into something you're not comfortable with.
Good advice.

This is my thinkings. I wish my first kiss never happened, wrong person completely. That kind of disaster made me think that yea - once it's gone it's gone. No amount of reconstructive surgery or hypnosis can bring it back :p
Kind of like your first murder. Once you do it, it's easy to do another. :p

My point is that once you cross the line, the line no longer becomes a barrier.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have been a virgin when I was married.

However, to know this, I had to loose my virginity before hand. And while I was a late bloomer, I did make up for lost time. :)

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy

No offense to either of you (or anyone else) intended, but virginity is not something that is special by nature; it is special only if you consider it as such. I lost my virginity at the culmination of an amazing and life-changing journey, the likes of which I have never experienced in the many years since. I also lost it to the right person (they were the right person at the time) under the right circumstances in a situation that was so "magical" it could be a Hollywood movie. The story was so amazing it still touches people to this day.

Despite that, I have had sex that has been vastly more special since then, and with different people no less. The beauty of life is that special is what we make it. You can have amazing and truly touching sex with someone you've known all your life, or someone you've known for ten minutes. I certainly respect that you have both made your own decisions and I am in no way trying to tell you that you're wrong, but in this thread and in others there seems to be a sense of moral superiority from both sides of the fence. Waiting for sex isn't necessarily going to make it more special, unless that's what special means to you.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
With our hand or with someone else? :D

Ha! Good one!.

im sorry, i just dont think that you at age 16, being that you probably did it once, have the need to post a thread about this, or even act like you are so knowledgeable about this subject. not that i have anything against your personal life or know you at all. but it just sounds like you are want to brag. youre 15 and you have so much ahead of you. take your time.

male

Ugh... Read some of my later posts in this thread, not just the first one. I believe that I offer good reasons as to the point of this thread; reasons you mights agree with, had you taken the time to read them.

I normally don't do this, but since you kind of pissed me off, you spelled "you're" wrong; you need an apostrophe.

is it ok that im 15 and still havent lost it? :(

Of course! I don't see anything wrong with that in the slightest! Of course, don't listen to me. However, I'm sure when you meet the right person, you'll find it's right and it will be good.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
well i pay car insurance for that reason.

are you advocating for 15 year olds to get pregnant or something?

i dont see how my view is out of line in the least......if anything it benefits all parties involved

Who cares? THAT is off topic.

If people want to discuss this, they can discuss it. The topic is in the thread's title. You should have avoided it if you had a problem with it. It's none of our business, but then again, if someone comes into this thread and posts the info, they've made it our business. Some people feel differently.

I don't really see how your comment can be construed as anything other than an alternative way of saying "I don't believe sex between two men, or two women, can be as 'deep' and 'treasured' as an experience between a man and a woman. But don't take any offense to that."

Have you only just figured that out? :p

Still, I'm not as 'fast' as rdowns :p

Who, old Quick-Draw? ;)

I was a late bloomer. Glad that I waited.

Losing your virginity isn't the same as physically losing something. It's more of a mental thing, IMO. Even if it was with someone who, in hindsight, you feel was a mistake, it's not a big deal.

is it ok that im 15 and still havent lost it? :(

Of course it is. You're still VERY young. I wouldn't worry about it until you're 17 or 18. :p No no, there's no right age.

I "lost" mine when I was 18. I don't miss it, either.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
That's not the point of this thread. If you want to argue about that take it somewhere else. You're going to get this thread locked by a moderator and wasteland'd if you don't stop this argument.

good call. its easy to get off topic on issues like this

Who cares? THAT is off topic.

If people want to discuss this, they can discuss it. The topic is in the thread's title. You should have avoided it if you had a problem with it. It's none of our business, but then again, if someone comes into this thread and posts the info, they've made it our business. Some people feel differently.

comeon abstract lol ive acknowledged it. just sometimes its easy to get off topic with issues like this

carry on people:)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Dear Sir/Madam,

I will send the cola nuts to your Nigerian address by tomorrow. Please do not harm my virginity. It's fragile, weeps often, and gets hungry very quickly. It has a verocious appetite for poonany, as it always cries out for more "poonany", or sometimes, "poontang". I don't know what this "poonany" is, but after seeking the advice of a linguist, it likely refers to something of Indian origin. Perhaps this should be investigated further.

Sincerely,

Abstract

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
The real travesty is how long it's been since the last time I've been laid.
Got a copy of last year's calendar? :p

Losing your virginity isn't the same as physically losing something. It's more of a mental thing, IMO.
Well, it is a physical activity with someone else, is it not?

It's also mental.

Virginity is something that is religious and culturally driven for sure. But I would also say, that it is very personal the first time.

tresbien

macrumors regular
May 21, 2008
Maryland
Ya wanna know what pisses me off?! The fact that guys can sleep with whomever they want to, and pretty much as early as they want to...and they'll get high-fived, and receive some "way to go!"'s. And yet, in (high)school, if poeple find out that a girl has sex with someone, she is automatically dubbed a slut, and people lose respect for her. Now, whats up with that! :mad:

anyways, I'm a virgin, and I've got no problem with waiting it out.

noaccess

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2005
tresbien: You know, it doesn't surprise me. Intolerance of all sorts is everywhere. But I agree, it's revolting, and it makes no sense at all.

On a related note, Sex and The City would have been *nothing* without Samantha. Awesome character. :)

EDIT: Of course, I forgot the juicy details: 18 year old, guy, virgin. SSRI antidepressants are partly to blame, and their (semi)permanent side effects.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
18, wasn't until I was 19 that it got particularly physically enjoyable and that was with the same person primarily, it takes a while to work out what works for you and that's difficult when people's egos are so frail. Sex shouldn't be a race to orgasm, it's far more enjoyable when it's spanned out over hours possibly with multiple ones if you can :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.