When do I get my imac

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dynamicd, Jul 26, 2002.

1. dynamicd macrumors 6502

I ordered my iMac 17" the day it was released and at the time apple was estimating a 2-4 week shipping date but now i see that its no longer there and i'm hoping that it gets to me before i leave for college. Anybody have any clue as to when the 17" is shipping??

2. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Why don't you call Apple with your order information and have them check on it??? Instead of speculating as to when it will arrive... :rolleyes: :p

BTW, you will get your iMac on the day you get it, and not a day before or after that. :p

3. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

The place that i ordered my from is currently expecting stock to come in august 1st, shippments going out to customers that day or the day after.

4. djniche macrumors regular

When!!

I've called a couple of the apple stores as to when they are getting the 17". They said that next week they should be there. Do you guys think that they will be difficult to get as the 15". I'm looking to get one.. I'm still devating wheter to upgrade my corrent powermac or get the imac???

5. dynamicd thread starter macrumors 6502

Re: When!!

My friend went through the same dilemma you're going through and he decided that it was worth getting the imac after seeing it for himself at the apple store. I didn't believe how big the monitor was when i saw it.

6. djniche macrumors regular

Getting a 17" imac would be the best right now since there aren't any new Powermac annonced yet. I did test the new 17" at the store as well and I have to say is a great size. Very workable screen size. I tested photoshop on it and worked on it for about 15 minutes and I was surprise how much space there is. Now only that but you get a superdrive with 800mhz! excellent can't wait - I just hope that there are enough units for the demand.

7. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

For an extra 200 bucks you get extra HD, A way phater screen, and a faster graphics chip.......unless you really cant afford the extra 200 you'd be crazy not to get the new 17 inch imac, my gf and i are ordering one next week for our apt.....to complement the ibook. But I know my mother will get hers first.

8. CodeWare, Inc. macrumors newbie

Regarding Your iMac.

Dear Dynamicd,

I happen to live within five miles of Apple Headquarters, in Cupertino. Not certain if this is a major shipping point for the newly-enhanced iMacs, but if you give me a model or tracking number I'd be happy to swing by and check on yours.

9. guevwww macrumors newbie

I believe the new iMacs are shipped from the same location that the 15"'s are.. which is Elk Grove, California.. about 10-15 miles south of Sacramento ... I also happen to live within 5 miles of Apple in Cupertino :p

10. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

This is a little off-topic, but does anyone have any ideas when the new iPods ship? I ordered my 10GB and the anticipation is killing me! :)

Bill

11. fox290 macrumors newbie

I'm waiting for my Ipod to ship!!! For P.C. Ipod, according to the apple website 4-6 weeks, for the Mac Ipod 2-3!!!

So I guess I have to wait 4-6 weeks!!!!! :mad: :mad: