When do you think it will be possible?

Discussion in 'Games' started by SpankyPenzaanz, Jan 24, 2007.

1. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

When will I be able to walk into any retail establishment and without waiting in line pickup a Wii?

2. NYmacAttack macrumors 6502

NYmacAttack

I would say its highly dependant on where you live.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Exactly, if your on Mars, then it may be a little more difficult.

But generally I'd say march ;) :)

4. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

There are 2 available in Gamestop, Merchants Quay, Cork :)

You could always phone them and arrange shipping :D

5. SpankyPenzaanz thread starter macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

Atlanta, GA area

6. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Once Nintendo actually starts to ship more you will see them on the shelves. Nintendo hasn't released any consoles or accessories to retailers since mid December and has an expected replenish date of March. All the stock you are seeing now is from retailers holding back stock in their distribution centers.

Nintendo has done a horrible job of getting units in to customers hands, its far from a demand issue, its a supply issue that we are seeing here. It just happens that the media is giving Nintendo a free ride on the hype train otherwise the Wii would be having serious PR issues right now. Give it time, the novelty of motion will wear off and Nintendo will finally ship more units to replenish stock.

Ed

7. jdechko macrumors 68040

All I have to say is check your local Target. I'm up I-85 (Lawrenceville) and I found one at my local Target right after Christmas. The had 18 of them just sitting there. They had 2 60GB PS3's there Sunday, too.

And constantly check www.ps3seeker.com/wii. They are usually pretty good with shipments. That's how I got mine. Wasn't even going to bother looking, but when I saw the post that said local Targets may or may not be getting some, I thought, what the heck. Drove by on my lunch break to check things out. Lo and behold... That was a happy day.

Latest rumor according to the site is Wal-Mart on the 28th.

8. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Seriously?

I didn't even know there was a game store in MQ.

9. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

It's upstairs towards bewleys or whatever the restaurant there is called. Might be gone by now though.

10. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Which, the shop or the Wii?

I'll pop in for a look first thing tomorrow morning, but won't hold my breath.

11. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

I hope just the Wii. Should just give them a call first.

gamestop.ie

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Not the same here. There is a continuous steam, according to Virgin Megastores Nintendo ships to their distribution centre once a month.
    Infact, Gamestation around my way (Manchester) have finished pre-orders, and I've heard that other shops around the country will be filling all theirs in the coming weeks. Though now they're getting stock in shops they're still selling out in the mornings :(

I'd say late March. Virgin said (though they didn't do pre-orders at all) April.

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Nintendo needs to crank up the production because where I live(I might add that the mega store is here as well) don't have any....you can run into a side shop every now and again and find a wii but as soon as it is discovered....spoof!

I'm giving Nintendo until March to get it rolling.

Bless

14. SpankyPenzaanz thread starter macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

Wal-mart is offering a 8 game bundle - I think I will just wait because link is already waiting for me here at home

15. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

That is simply not true. EB Games, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, Toys R Us and Circuit City are all still only getting Wii shipments via UPS. Best Buy will not be distributing them from their regional warehouses until March. I am not sure about the others.

My best guess for when Wii's will be readily available is mid-February. After the big release this weekend, the resale prices of Wiis dropped nearly 25% and the profit dollars of such sales dropped by over 50%. This means that most people who want one have one. Once everyone has one, then the stores can begin to build stock.

16. gco212 macrumors 6502

Does anyone have any idea about a pattern of when they're available on amazon.com? I know they had some in (for a few minutes) this week, but they're all gone now.