When doing a clean system install how do use ipod to back up files?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Cecret, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Cecret macrumors member

I no longer use 9.2 and want to do a clean install to clean up my small powerbook hdd. After I do the install how do I get the 10gigs of mp3's back into itunes?

2. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom

Just plug in your iPod, go to iTunes, select the ipod button at the bottom, and select "Enable FireWire Disk Use". This should allow you to access the ipod's drive like any firewire drive on your desktop.

3. Cecret thread starter macrumors member

I already deleted the files on my computer thinking they safe on my ipod.

How do I get the lib from my ipod to computer?

4. SoonToGetAMac macrumors 6502

Do they show up on your iPod when you use it?

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Sounds like you need to move your music library off your iPod to your computer. Try downloading one of the programs off of VersionTracker that allow this, like iPodtoiTunes. There's lots of options, and any of them might be good. The other option would require some work in the Terminal, as the folder that contains your music is hidden. I'll post that if you like, after I test it on my iPod. :D

JW

6. malakian9690 macrumors newbie

i hooked up my ipod, went into itunes, and clicked on the ipod button. the "enable firewire disk use" is grayed out, yet it is checked. so i went onto my desktop and went into my ipod. what do i do from there? i cant reach my music files on the ipod. :confused: