Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weldon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2004
Denver, CO
I've been trying to google and search the forums here to find an answer to this question. Specifically, I want to know if new episodes will be available to download before 10am Mountain Time on Friday after a new episode airs on Thursday. I want to be able to watch the episode with co-workers during our lunch break on Friday.

Does anyone know?

weldon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2004
Denver, CO
Surely someone has a subscription to a TV show and can comment on when the latest episodes become available to download?

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
The season 3 premiere is the funniest episode of The Office, ever! I was LOL really hard. :)

NeoMac

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2006
New episodes are usually posted to iTunes the day after they are broadcast on TV. This is only the case for new episodes.

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
spicyapple said:
The season 3 premiere is the funniest episode of The Office, ever! I was LOL really hard. :)

:rolleyes:

On topic, I missed the season premiere on Thursday and spent all day Friday checking to see when it was available. Unfortunately that wasn't until about 4pm EST.

OTOH, I have checked other shows the next morning and they have already been upped. There really doesn't seem to be any set schedule. :(

weldon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2004
Denver, CO
treblah said:
On topic, I missed the season premiere on Thursday and spent all day Friday checking to see when it was available. Unfortunately that wasn't until about 4pm EST.

OTOH, I have checked other shows the next morning and they have already been upped. There really doesn't seem to be any set schedule. :(
That's useful info. I'll try and remember to check on Friday to see what happens this week. It would be nice if they were up before 11am so we could watch during lunch on Friday, but I suppose Monday will have to do in some cases.

weldon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2004
Denver, CO
I tried to check regularly this week to see when the new episode appeared in iTunes. It didn't show up at all on Friday and I didn't see it Saturday morning around 9am Mountain time. It was there by 7:20pm Saturday when I got back home.

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
I don't know specifically about the Office, but I can say that the couple of cable shows I tend to buy are rather sporadic, the same show can vary greatly: sometimes the next morning and sometimes not for a couple of days. Don't know if this is a network timed thing or an Apple time one (or a combo of both).

Halsey12

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2006
Portland
I didn't get my new Office episode until Saturday morning. I was running iTunes all day on friday, checking for purchases to no avail. I wish they could get them up quicker.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.