when exactly will the intel ibook come out??

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by iKucing, Mar 8, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

when exactly will the new intel ibook be launched??? anyone know for sure??? and will it include the built-in isight???:confused:

2. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Fairly obviously :rolleyes: no one here or anywhere (except maybe the Apple engineering labs/sales) can tell you when it will be out or what it will feature.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

lol i know :p i just can't wait...

4. macrumors G4

Chundles

April 6th, 10:42am Cupertino time. Includes built-in iSight, Mag-safe connector, Superdrive, 13.3" widescreen 1280x800. Slightly whiter shade of white.
    :p

5. macrumors 68000

Deepdale

At last, a man in the know! :) I do hope they move away from the white (even though I never get my wish). The specs will prove to be far in excess of my needs since I have never put either my first or current Mac through anything that would come close to a rigorous workout.

6. dcv
    macrumors G3

But, but, April 6th is a Thursday. Surely you mean the 4th? :p

7. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Steve-o will announce it when, and only when, I say I'm happy with the machine, and am good and ready.

[​IMG]

8. macrumors G4

Chundles

Nah, I mean the 6th. That means I have something to do over my weekend - whinge about the integrated graphics - rather than hang around till Tuesday morning to get any new news.

9. macrumors 65816

jacobj

You are of course referring to the shipping date. SJ will announce it 01 April 2006 at 10:57, if his keynote runs according to rehearsals. The other day he got so carried away ad-libbing about the new ipod video, tablet, 50" displays, BT Mighty Mouse, Leapord's new finder and the MacGame Pro console with 900 Core Duos and 15 Crossfired ATI X1800s that he over ran by 67 seconds.

Edit: I forgot to say that 90% of games currently on the market have been updated to run on OSX in Universal Binaries and will be available for download from the iTunes store for $199

10. macrumors G4

Chundles

Nope. The 6th.

1st is just silly. A Saturday? Not likely.

11. macrumors 603

aswitcher

30th Anniversary...Why not. Announce Friday afternoon so it still gets picked up by the weekend press.

12. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I've already got an Intel-processored iBook. It just takes some patience, a hammer and some chewing gum. :cool:

If you want the same, send your machines my way.

13. macrumors G4

Chundles

Weekend press is actually less than the coverage during the week. It's why Apple has typically released new products early in the week so that they get the tech coverage in the main papers and the w/e stuff is usually just summarised from the weekday stories.

It's why a lot of the OS X point releases come out out on Fridays, to avoid the brunt of press scrutiny. You notice it even on the MR front page, the MacBytes section is dead on Sunday and Monday our time but springs back into action on Tuesday.

You do realise I just pulled the date out of my arse. I think the 4th is more likely. The tuesday after the saturday anniversary.

14. macrumors G4

Chundles

I knew you were MacGuyver.

15. macrumors 68020

sunfast

As you might have guessed, nobody really knows, but the 30th anniversary seems a very good guess. I'd say there is a good chance we'll see them then. But what will they look like? And have inside?

16. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's what happens when you have Boonie for a dad and jsw for another dad... Hmm... I just realised I only have dads... :eek:

Chuck Norris is the other one.

17. macrumors 68000

Deepdale

One can never have enough storage space. At least you have a multitasking arse ...

18. macrumors 68040

Stridder44

[​IMG]

Steve Jobs tells you when he's good n ready.

19. macrumors 65816

m-dogg

Oh my god, the million dollar question!

I'm in the market for a laptop right now, but I think I'm gonna try and wait until around 4/1 to take the plunge, just to see if anything cool gets released.

Well, for the February 28th Event that Apple just held, invitations went out on February 21st. If they held a media event for the Mac Mini, iPod speakers & some leather, I think they'll probably do the same for the iBooks. So hopefully we'll hear about an Apple event being announced by the 28th or 29th of March...

20. macrumors 6502a

ieani

June 31!!! Its the ibooks birthday!!!