When I run out of space.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wakerider017, Feb 17, 2007.

1. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

I am accumulating more media everyday and soon my 250GB iMac hard drive will be filled up.

I plan to purchase a WD external Firewire 800 drive (500GB) to help with the storage problem.

Here is my question. Right now all my media is store in /Users/wakerider/Music/iTunes.

When ever I rip a DVD using Handbrake I just drag it to the movie section in iTunes and it is automatically added to the /Users/wakerider/Music/iTunes folder.

When I get an external drive is it possible to store the media on the external drive and not "/Users/wakerider/Music/iTunes" ?

Thanks!

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

It is definitely possible. You can store it wherever you want, i changed my location a long time ago so cant quite remember the steps. Perhaps look at iTunes > Prefs > Advanced > iTunes Music folder location.

I currently store my music in /Users/Shared/iTunes. That way all users on my computer can pick and choose which music they want from the massive joint library.

3. wakerider017 thread starter macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Cool! Thanks!