when i save notes to my ipod i get jibberish...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jero, Jul 27, 2004.

1. jero macrumors regular

sorry i tried to search but this ones a toughie to find.

so i make notes in text edit and save it in my ipod notes folder and when i bring it up on my pod, it starts with jibberish and then gets to my actual text. is there a correct way of doing this?

this is my first ipod, new 4th gen 20gig. lovin it.

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Are you making sure to save as plain text format, rather than HTML or RTF? Can you post a sample of the gibberish? Or is it just random letters and characters rather than potentially being code?

paul

3. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

I've done that. You have to set TextEdit to save as .txt or it doesn't work right.

4. jero thread starter macrumors regular

i think it is code. i am saving it in rtf, how does one save in plain text in text editor? wheni save a new document, it only gives me two options, save in rtf and save in word format.neither format works. rtf, im able to see my text(along with a grip of nonsense characters and with word format, its worse gives me nothing i can understand. sorry for being such a noob but the ipod manual doesnt seem to get into this much, thanks for the help.

5. jero thread starter macrumors regular

got it. thanks for the help guys. i never leave home without my ipod.

6. PHARAOHk macrumors regular

There is an applescript package linked from the iPod help guide for using notes and stuff. I am having a hell of a time finding it on Apples site. Sorry. It is really easy to use.

7. PHARAOHk macrumors regular