When I switch files my wallpaper changes!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macsrockmysocks, Apr 29, 2006.

1. macsrockmysocks macrumors regular

Well, its not that major. Just for a second, but it's enough to make me notice:( . Yes. I do have obesssive compulsive disorders with my computer. So heres the problem. When I switch files from maybe my brothers to mine, my screensaver shows to be the Flow 3 wallpaper during the block transition. But it changes back once everything is loaded. BTW, I have the Pier Black and White wallpaper set as mine. No one has Flow 3 as theirs. Thanks:)

2. macsrockmysocks thread starter macrumors regular

3. G99 macrumors 6502

G99

I don't understand.
    What is Flow 3, and what do you mean by switching files?
    If you could be a bit clearer, I'm sure a lot of us could help ;)

4. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

I think he means users.
    maybe he is referring to the auto desktop on a mac (I can see it being a flow, but the 3?)

5. tag macrumors 6502a

tag

Haha ok I had to read the original post like 10 times before I could figure out what the flow 3 he was referring to. I did a quick spotlight search and it seems two of Mac OS X's default wallpapers are called 'Flow 3.jpg' and 'Pier.jpg'.

Though I'm not really sure what screensaver he is referring to, nor the file switching reference.

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

7. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

yes he is, i too have experienced this problem. basically, when you switch users using 'fast user switching, the wallpaper changes to some default (in my case, tiger aqua) during the cube effect. once the cube effect has finished, the wallpaper reverts back to the original to which it was set by the user. i cant really capture a screenshot of this, i hope my description is clear. it has been like this from around 10.4.3, and still not fixed...i wonder if apple know about it.

S

8. macsrockmysocks thread starter macrumors regular

yea, I am sorry about being rude in my second post( I am quite impatient) but I have minor obsessive compulsive disorders with my computer and it's really getting to me.

9. zorg macrumors regular

10. timmac macrumors member

I have the same problem. The wierd thing is that it isn't the default wallpaper, but it is the same one everytime.