When is iTunes Music Store not going to SUCK!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Screamingbeaver, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Screamingbeaver macrumors member

Aug 31, 2001
    St. Paul, MN
    Okay, I love the whole iTunes Music Store thing. I mean i really do love it. I listen to all my music in MP3, I don't carry CDs anymore....yada yada yada.

But dude! Where is the the Metal. Ya know, they even had Iann Robinson from MTV2 pitchin' the store. I don't know Iann personally, but I don't think they carry a fraction of the music, Iann would listen to. Everytime when there is a release ITMS comes up short. Consistantly. The new Static-X came out today. Not there. Or maybe the new Sevendust. Not there either. And these two are mainstream metal. I've looked for Shadows Fall, Arch Enemy, Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, Superjoint Ritual.....the list could go on and on.

Yeah, I know that its the whole record label BS. But I just wanted to vent. I would use the ITMS a lot more if they did get some Metal Content.

Thanks for listening. Sorry for complaining.

2. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

Apr 14, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Haha I guess you're just going to have to change your tastes ;) jk.
  3. Bear macrumors G3

Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    Re: When is iTunes Music Store not going to SUCK!

iTMS does have a feedback thing where you can request groups by name. You can even put in a generic request.

I would suggest that you suggest several specific groups that you would buy tracks from.

Complaining here does nothing. Polite requests when the right people at Apple will see them will get you much further along.
  4. Makosuke macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2001
    The Cool Part of CA, USA
    Like Bear said, use the "request" feature--it's a lot more likely to get something to happen than posting here.

I think it's mostly because Apple has now moved beyond the "big 5", but there've been upwards of 10,000 new tracks (800+ new albums) every week for the past three weeks, so the chances of getting something you like in has got to be higher now.

Hey, I requested more Weird Al a bit ago, and although I assume it was a coincidence, there was a new album up within a week...
  5. Screamingbeaver thread starter macrumors member

Aug 31, 2001
    St. Paul, MN
    I'll use the request more often...

Sorry guys. I'll use "request" more often. I have used it in the past. I've also requested the separate genre of Metal.

Thanks again. And by the way..Weird Al Rules. UHF is one of my Favorite Movies.
  6. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

Jan 20, 2002
    Washington DC USA
  7. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

Jun 19, 2003
    The exurbs, MN

Yeah, what's the deal with iTMS?

I mean, they don't have Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band? That's classic stuff! ;) :D