When is Microsoft going to update their list of XBox games playable on the 360!?

Discussion in 'Games' started by wwooden, Mar 4, 2006.

1. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I had a regular XBox, now I have a 360. I got rid of the XBox but kept most of the games because Microsoft said "we want to eventually have all the XBox games playable on the 360". Only 4 of the 10 or so XBox games I have are on the list of 200 now playable. It says on the XBox website that they update often, well it hasn't been updated since December. It's really starting to annoy me that they haven't added to the list in almost 3 months. I hope this isn't going to be the pace we can expect forever. I have this fear that the next update will not even be 200 games, more like their last update in that they added all the Tom Clancy games, and nothing else. Games that I'd like to see added are Dead to Rights, Counterstrike, and a couple more that I can't remember because I am not at my place at the moment.

Anyone else waiting for more games to added to the list and which ones do you want?

2. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Black. I don't want to have to buy a game for xbox 1 again because it is no longer hooked up to the TV, but is in a closet. I heard they weren't going to release a patch for Black though.

3. rehlers macrumors member

rehlers

This has been a bit of a disappointment for me as well, but since I did not own many xbox games, I sold them off and just figured I would wait for xbox 360 native games instead. March will have me covered finally. Burnout Revenge and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter come out March 9th, then Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion on March 20th. I'll be too busy with those to care about the old games. :)

4. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

I was disapointed that Black was coming out for Xbox.

I've kept Doom, Area-51, Soul Caliber, and Chronicles of Riddick hoping for a patch to play them on my new system.

I understand that some games may never be compatible so I wish MS would make a small list of games that will never work, that way I can at least get rid of them and move on instead of holding out hope of a patch.

5. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Amazing how the need to buy a 360 dispeared so quickly.

6. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I'm lucky. All the X Box games I have are on the list.

7. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Yep, you're right.

It's also hard to believe some of the big games they've left off, like Rainbow 6 Lockdown, Mech Assault series, Project Gotham series (to help sales maybe?).

I'd also love to see Beyond Good and Evil... really, the PS3 is going to mop the floor with the Xbox 1 as backwards compatibility goes. I would love it if they offered resolution upscaling like the 360 does.

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

New BC update should be available this month. Whether black is compatible remains to be seen.

However with

Ghost Recon : Advanced Warfighter
    Farcry Instincts
    Fight Night Round 3 (Out 10th UK)
    The Outfit
    Burnout Revenge
    Elder Scrolls 3 : Oblivion
    Blazing Angels : Squadrons of WW2

All in March & in April/May

Tombraider
    TimeShift
    TopSpin 2
    Test Drive Unlimited
    Final Fantasy XI
    The Godfather

Football Manger
    LMA Manager
    Prey
    MotoGP 2006
    Saints Row
    Dead Rising
    Chromehounds

If the next 3 months dont provide you with something for your 360 other than worrying about a BC update, then maybe you should sell it to me for 50p ;)

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Please no fanboyism's. They get so tiring. It doesn't make you intelligent listening and regurgitating Sony's hyperbole. Just take it as it is, marketing rubbish. Let's wait and see what the ps3 is like when released before comparing it shall we.

Dont count on a Beyond Good & Evil sequel. I love the game and bought it twice, first on the ps2 & then xbox.... Unfortunately i'm in the minority and the game failed to make any impact on the sales charts.

Studios don't like taking too many risks these days, a real shame. But if a pure gem like this doesn't sell, who can blame them.. It's our (the consumers) fault.

10. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

You actually believed them? :(

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I think it is stupid not to have ALL of the games from the xbox period playing on the new system. Sony did it right, Nintendo is doing it right with the DS/GBA/REV. I just don't understand why they couldn't make it so...oh well maybe it's just me.

I have alot of xbox games that i cant play on the 360: Freedom Fighters, Otagi and many more which sucks for me because I gave my xbox to my brother in-law.

Bless

12. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i'd like european 60Hz support for all games and support for SWBF II and far cry

13. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

With the system they have, it's impossible to make it work all purpose. The DS and the GBA SP and the PS2 all have some hardware from the earlier system to properly run the old games. The Revolution will have the same architecture as the GameCube so backwards compatability is native. We don't know about the PS3. Microsoft had a new architecture, so no native compatability, and wanted to save money, so no hardware from the XBox, thus, the only solution is to one by one patch games.

14. wwooden thread starter macrumors 68000

wwooden

It's not that I don't like all the new games for the 360, I have 5 of them and they are all great. I just like having a variety of to play and some of the games I have I really enjoyed playing and are a little lest complex.

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Out of the 4 Xbox games I own, 1 is compatible. Out of the 6 Xbox games I've borrowed off mates, none are compatible.

Ideally for every game to be upscaled to 720p and for all games to work would be bliss.

... Would it be at all possible for hackers to release their own patches in the future? Or will you need the source code for the original games? out of curiosity. those hacker guys are smart.

16. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

You'd need the original source code.

17. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Poor showing from Microsoft.

They should make an effort to get everythng running.

They ar now stuck between a difficult period of the early adoptors and the "wait until Halo" brigade.

And please don't get GFLPraxis started again, you'll never here the eand of it if you rev him back up again.

;)

18. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Where the heck did that come from? The guy asked a question ("Why can't Microsoft give 100% backwards compatability?"), I answered it. There was no "Nintendo is better!" or "Sony is better!" or "Microsoft sucks!" comments in my post.

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

20. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Please guys no more bickering. You make every thread a real drag and the OP gets no benefit from Sony or nintendo comment's when its an Xbox question... When a thread starts about a specific piece of hardware - could we not just keep on topic rather than debasing everything to fanboy silliness?

I'm not singling out anyone - this applies to everyone...
    --------------

The main reason BC is such a pain on the 360 is that there is not universal emulator for xbox on the 360. Basically every game patch is an emulator in itself and that's a big task..

i'm disappointed that the promise of every new release would receive a update, but hey i'm still waiting for UB updates for my mac games so I shouldn't complain :)

People have complained that games like Barbie should never have been made BC compated to Burnout, but it doesnt work that way. It's just that Barbie as very simple to emulate....

It looks like the criterion Engine although super powerful on current gen machines is a pain in the arse to emulate (however we are getting our own version of BRevenge, though I imagine the main code has been totally recompiled)

Like i said earlier, Microsoft suggested that we should see a BC update this month so we'll just have to wait and see what has been added.

21. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Told you.

Cut down on the coffee mate and stop over reacting.

;)

I bet you don't remeember do you?

22. IanC macrumors regular

Personnaly i think Criteon are hodling something back from MS, in order to help sales of Burnout Revenge 360.

I am kinda annoyed how few of my xbox games are on the BC list. Wheres Jet Set Radio Future for example?

23. bitfactory macrumors 6502

bitfactory

I agree about the BC. Not too big of a deal for me - I'll be covered when Burnout is released this week.

On a side note - I think Halo2 looks like crap on the 360. The menus to the actual game; it just looks... well, bad. I appreciate the extra horizontal space in widescreen, though... anyone else think the same?

I did buy Fight Night 3 last week - and all I have to say is "Wow."

24. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I played Fight Night Demo last night on a massive screen (about 90" widescreen) with my HDTV projector and it looks amazing. (same setup that really makes Kameo looks stunning as you see all the extra details, you don get on a small screen)...

Shame I don't like boxing games and with too many games in March for europe it wont be bought... Should have released it in Feb like the US when there was a drought....

25. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Not really.

But I was up until 3 AM working on my programming project, so frustrations were high...*collapses*