When is the big thingy....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AP_piano295, Jun 26, 2005.

1. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Mar 9, 2005
    I dont exactly understand the big confrences that apple is always holding but I do know that they are where apple anounces their new products. I thought that one was happening this summer and at this confrence new ibooks would be realeased as it has been 250 days saince the last update. So when is the big mac event this summer has it already come and gone without me noticing :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad:
  2. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

Feb 27, 2005
    Northern California
    WWDC already happened, but for the iBooks, they don't necessarily need to have have a confrenece. One of these Tuesdays, they might just announce them. There are a few more minor conferences that Apple will appear at, but WWDC was the main one.
  3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    I think AppleExpo Paris 2005 (which is in September) is the next major possibility for big releases -- but as stated, do not expect "speed bumps" to happen at conferences.

EDIT: Apparently there is also this, although it doesn't seem to be Mac oriented (it seems likely to be an iTunes/iPod thing).

EDIT: And, since they decided to participate this year, there is some chance they will unveil something at MacWorld Boston too, in July.