When is the Haswell rMBP expected?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mitevpi, Jul 2, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Just curious, it sounds like everyone expects it to be refreshed when Mavericks is launched. From what I've gathered that's supposed to be anytime between September and November. Is this the case or do you think the Retina MBP update closer around the corner?

2. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No one knows, because apple has not provided any details on this. Its probably soon, but other then that its all pure conjecture.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess what I'm thinking is more broad. As in within the next 1-2 months or is it more like 3-4?

4. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No one knows, that's the point. Guessing a date is like trying to nail jello to a tree.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Well poo...:(

6. macrumors member

That's giving the guessing too much credit! You can nail Jello to a tree (in a less than 0 celsius environment!).

7. macrumors regular

If I remember correctly Intel said that the non-ultra low voltage chips would be widely available in September. So I'm assuming apple is waiting until them.

8. macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

But.....

would be necessarily a "Haswell" rMBP....? Intel and Apple have plenty of CPU options. And besides, I believe Haswell was designed/marketed to another laptop segment....

Back in the guessing game, no one knows for sure. That is a given....:D....But I would expect an update, if any, in the timeframe Sept-Nov. If not occurs then, the most logical assumption, not a guess, is First Semester 2014....

:):apple:

9. macrumors G5

gnasher729

It actually covers a whole lot of different segments. From low power like MacBook Air to high performance computing in the next Mac Pro.

10. macrumors newbie

11. Guest