When is walmart getting another shipment/

Discussion in 'Games' started by Malus, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Malus macrumors 6502

I went on black friday at 430 and they said they didnt get a shipment yet...are they also saving their stock for sunday?? Thanks for anyones info.

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Another shipment of what? Wiis? PS3s?

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

4. Malus thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha, sorry, my mind has been on the wii all day, yes the wii....Ive been up since 4am and im out of it lol

5. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

6. pionata macrumors 6502

lol Damn Walmart, I went there today and I've seen someone go out with a ps3. So I go to the videogame department and ask for a ps3, the guy is like "no chance, there wont be any ps3 until march".

Then I ask "WTF a guy just walked out with one".

He replies, "he must have had a reservation".

Then I ask "Ok, I want to reserve a ps3"

Replies "We dont do ps3 reservation here"

Me: "WTF you just told me.."

He replies "Maybe he got it from the manager or something"

Same with Microplay:

Me "Have you received your playstation?"

Stupid guy "What playstation 3?"

Me "Your damn website says your going to receive some this morning, the 24"

Stupid guy "We're not the 24, we're the 25".

Me (look at watch): No we're the 24.

Stupid guy "oh yeah..." (walks away feeling like a complete moron in front of 2 other workers)

Someone else comes "we wont receive any playstation today, all deliveries have already been made".

WTF

I went to 7 place between 8 and 10am and everywhere they told me it was impossible to get one... Best buy said they received 3 yesterday, 3 for downtown, Montreal, wtf. Maybe 300 would be enough for a day, but 3 ps3 in a fedex shipment??? There is over 3 million people here, and a shipment of ~100-200 ps3 this week maybe if you add all the major stores. Go sony... hurg, I gave up.

7. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

You can't get one at walmart because they hold people down. They only give high school dropouts $6.00 an hour to work a cash machine. If they were nice they would pay them a living wage of $14.00 an hour. Most people in Ny don't like walmart. they are always protesting out side the front doors.

8. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

Nobody is forcing anyone to work there. Don't want the job? Don't take the job. I don't make 14/hour, and yet, here I am, living. Would it be nice if they payed them more and gave them health care? yeah. but it would be nice if they drug-tested them all, too. But they don't have to. they have the freedom to pay them whatever they want within bounds of the law. There is an economic law here in effect, probably supply and demand applied to the workforce, but I'm not 100% on that. If they pay less, less people will want the job. They're obviously paying enough to allow them to have people take the jobs.

back on topic, I, too, am contacting every Best Buy, Wal-mart, Target etc within 30 miles looking for a wii. I was out of town last weekend and missed the launch. can't wait.

ps. i may have been drinking

9. izibo macrumors 6502

Just so everyone knows, best buy is getting a dozen wii's in each store starting sunday.

10. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Sunday = good. Only 12 Wii's = very, very bad.

How do you know?

11. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Gamestops are getting weekly shipments, but from the looks of it in batches of 5 for low traffic stores and 10-12 for high traffic stores. I think after this weekend they should be easier to get a hold of, black Friday kinda had the "release day" effect on the systems availability.

Ed

12. izibo macrumors 6502

It is in their ad beginning 11/26

13. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

I wonder if that means Wal-Mart and other retailers will get them in Sunday as well.