When it rains it pours! (really!)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wimic, Dec 8, 2006.

1. wimic macrumors regular

Aug 24, 2006
    calgary, alberta
    Is this a particularly bad time of year for anyone else? here's the deal:

last week my boyfriend found out his uncle (43 years old) collapsed and died (out of nowhere). he's been healthy his whole life.

the next day his grandfather got rushed to emergency with chest pain and his father was admitted into the hospital with pancreatitis. his grandfather was released (thankfully) but his dad is still in hospital. not only are they treating his pancreatitis but also the skin cancer that they discovered he had when his physician requested a consultation with a dermatologist at the hospital.

on top of all of that, my best friend's grandmother died yesterday and another of my friend's cousin attempted suicide two nights ago.

it's actually kind of ridiculous how much stuff is happening lately.

has anyone else experienced times like this when everything seems to be gonig wrong all at once?
  2. mpw Guest

Jun 18, 2004
    Yup, and I got no good advice, except; Find somebody to be in love with, it doesn't prevent the bad stuff, but it can help get through it.
  3. princealfie macrumors 68030

Mar 7, 2006
    Salt Lake City UT
    I play an occasional game of tennis once in awhile.
  4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    ^^Do a lot of things go bad when playing tennis?
  5. thedude110 macrumors 68020

Jun 13, 2005
    Sudden, endless disaster is all part of the contract you signed when you were born. I know that probably doesn't make you feel any better, but it's true.

Hang in there. Even against hope there is hope.