When leopard comes stock

Discussion in 'macOS' started by falcon1, Jan 21, 2007.

1. falcon1 macrumors regular

falcon1

Does anyone know when Leopard will become stock on all new Apple computer like Tiger is now? I really want a Mac for college with a budget around $2500 for a laptop which can get either one but I want to make SURE that they can run both Leopard and Windows Vista. I'm either going to get a Dell E1505 or a Apple but I really want a apple. So any info on when leopard becomes stock and if vista will be able to run on that would be great. Thanks.

2. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Leopard will be stock when it is released. (this summer) Vista should run just fine under Boot Camp. Not sure if it can run in Parallels, something to look into.

3. falcon1 thread starter macrumors regular

falcon1

Is there a specific date that Leopard will be released and will boot camp come with Leopard?

4. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

When Leopard first comes out, new machines will have Tiger installed but will have a Leopard disc in the box. Then, when updated models come out and are being newly manufactured (usually a month or two later) they will have Leopard installed.

Boot Camp will be a standard feature of Leopard.

There is no specific date for the Leopard release.

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

As soon as Leopard ships it will be pre-installed on all new Macs, either as pre-loaded software or as a drop-in disc.

If the past has anything to say about it, Macs ordered within the ~2 weeks from the announcement of the shipping date to the actual shipping date will be eligible for a free version of 10.5 + postage and handling.

6. falcon1 thread starter macrumors regular

falcon1

7. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Unless you plan on stealing it or pirating it...then again it is Microsoft.

8. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

Nope, not unless you buy ultimate.

Also, yes it will run I've allready had it running on my core duo macbook

9. falcon1 thread starter macrumors regular

falcon1

Well I would basically need it if Leopard didn't work at my college.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

you should be able to get a cheaper version of vista than ultimate, and remember the OEM edition is better value. I think Ultimate may be required to have a natively booting OS *AND* one in a virtual machine. Also apart from having to shell out $129 (or less if you get educational discount) Leopard will definitely run on any Mac you buy today, the beta's currently run on a G4 G5 or Intel.

PS check with your college about mac compatibility, it should be fine, even in the PC loving UK it is fine.