When Microsoft employees think too big of themselves

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by nataku, Mar 23, 2006.

1. nataku macrumors regular

nataku

Did this guy get hit on the head? Of all companies, Microsoft is the dumbest when it comes to PC security. What a pitiful attempt to make Windooze products look good. As if a mere employee really knows a lot about the subject matter.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Maybe, but his idea is still good. Gotta be ahead of the curve.

3. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

maybe he needs a new job and that's his way to apply for one?

ah no, i guess he just forgot to take his medication..........

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    While it might be good to have one person with overall responsibility for security, there is an argument why it's not.

If every member of the team coding a project has to be aware of security and how their code might affect it, then they're all responsible for it.

As soon as you take that responsibility away, then it's someone else's problem which might mean people are less careful with their specific code.

5. nataku thread starter macrumors regular

nataku

true but he was wrong about making such bold comments when he knows that MS knows nothing about security. They always borrow from Apple (several are seen in Vista) or they scrutinize OSes that are more secure than theirs.

Check out his blog http://www.stepto.com you can see that readers already made "comments" about his claims.:D

6. Marky_Mark macrumors 6502a

Marky_Mark

Does this guy want a job with Apple or what? I mean really, really, badly wants a job with Apple :D

7. MattyP macrumors member

MattyP

He has been taking lessons from Karl Rove

I think he has been taking obfuscation lessons from Karl Rove: First make a statement based on total fabrication, then blame your advisary of everyhing the organization you are employed by is infact most guilty of, Then create a diversion to distract from and further twist the situation.

8. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

It sounded to me like he was job hunting, too. I kept waiting for him to say, "You need me, Apple."

9. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

yeah, i was expecting that too.. either that or him blatently saying apple needed assistance from microsoft security experts....:D

10. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

who knows, maybe he will become ceo of apple and sj will take a much bigger job, like the ceo of disney, and leave us macheads behind

one family member on my wife's side is on the disney board, and it's certainly been entertained since sj has the strong vision for innovation and disney certainly can use a shot in the arm right now

if you think sj is rich now, wait until he takes over as ceo of disney, which i think would be a good fit