when new 15 in PB and what likely upgrades?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by peter beatty, Apr 5, 2003.

1. peter beatty macrumors newbie

lots of rumors flying about. was planning t buy 15 in PB but not sure if worth waiting for ?USB 2 / firewire 800 etc. to be added on. and whats the current theory and relevance of this new processor?

pete

2. vincentmeanie macrumors newbie

Its been put off over and over again. I ended up just buying a 12in that I love, but I reserve myself to purchasing the new 15 when it comes out.

From what I have seen from announcment to large scale availbility on a new apple product, is around two-three months depending on the popularity and the difficulty in production, IE 17in PB. I would guess 15.4 screen, DDR, backlit keys, alu frame and bluetooth. Other than that it gets really grey, they might do FW800 but might keep it at only the higher pricepoints.

USB2.0 is a dead horse really.

The 970 is great for articles and speculation but the odds of apple releasing it in a laptop first are little to none. it will probably come out in the towers, or a new unseen product, then the xserves, and finally to the PB series. Buy a 12 and sell it when the new 15 comes out, or get a ti book at the great prices they are and will drop to in the near future.

but forever waiting for technology is a losing game. early technology is always way more expensive and the fastest to be outdated by the next newest hottest thing

3. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

Do you think backlit keyboards will come out in a minor update in the near future for the 12'' Pb? Just wondering :)