When should i purchase Tiger?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Dude_its_Jia, Apr 30, 2005.

  1. Dude_its_Jia macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2005
    #1
    since the release of Tiger and there are so many bugs to it, i would like to hear from people when i should go and get my own copy
     
  2. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2002
    #3
    Been running it for only a day now, but there a few bugs that might make it worth waiting until 10.4.2 or so...
     
  3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

    Phat_Pat

    Joined:
    May 8, 2004
    Location:
    I Live Where I Live
    #4
    right but the updates will be free to download. Just get it now. Its not like the different revs of the hardware....
     
  4. mcarnes macrumors 68000

    mcarnes

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2004
    Location:
    USA! USA!
    #5
    I love it.

    QT7 is so frickin cool. I think it will cause people to upgrade to faster machines just so they can see those 1920 x 860 movie trailers in all their glory. Way to sell Apple!

    I was hesitant to upgrade as well, but now I'm glad I did. Yes, there are a few bugs here and there, but nothing major. It's a lot of fun to see all the new features. There are a lot of changes. I just spent the better part of a day seeing all the new tweaks in DVD player (you can set bookmarks, video clips, zoom, equalizer, all specific to each DVD, along with a movie poster you can add under "Get Disc Info", and more). I mention DVD player because at first glance it doesn't look like anything has changed but it has. A lot of stuff is like that in Tiger. It's very cool, despite all the nay-sayers out there.
     
  5. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

    Sutekidane

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2005
    #6
    I seriously second that, it's not like you'll get it cheaper if you wait, or even an more updated version.
     
  6. Dude_its_Jia thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2005
    #7
    True... i didn't hastated to buy Panther. Purchased on the first day... I bought QuickTime 7 Pro already, i plug my iShight in and started recoring videos and encoding them, pretty cool stuff.

    Thanks to all the great suggestions, i think apple will launch a update soon. 10.4.1 maybe i'll get it then.
     
  7. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2005
    #8
    i have 5 friends who have it now and they are reporting minor bugs here and there and some 3rd party software issues but its nothing MAJOR like you stuck and can't do nothing...

    I kept sayin i'm gonna wait till the first revision but after hangin with one of my buddies last night and testing out Tiger on his iMacG5 I HAVE TO GET IT TODAY! hahahahaha :D

    Its real cool and well I just can not wait. I'll deal with the bugs but I also will use CCC and make a bootable copy of 10.3.9 on my external for emergencies. I would suggest you do the same if you get Tiger now. Also it is recommended to do the full re-install rather than the update. I don't know really know why but out of the 5 friends that got Tiger 4 of them did a clean re-install of the OS X while one did the update. The guy that did the update had a few issues. He had two Kernel Panics and some apps did not work (Mail, Spotlight) so he re-installed Tiger from scratch and now he *seems* fine. This was on his Powerbook G4.

    So in all, if you can afford it now GET IT NOW. If not then no harm in waiting. But you are missing out on some kick arse features!
     
  8. Dude_its_Jia thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2005
    #9
    iMetal... can you direct me to a place where they have more detail on CCC, i might just do that, cause panther is doing great job on the apps i have, another reason i dont want to up grade is because most of the apps dont run correctally on Tiger. So, maybe i want to switch back, i have the same external HD as you, i might put Tiger there :D
     
  9. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2005
    #10
    well i dont think CCC will work with Tiger (yet) but here is a link:

    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/13260
     
  10. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2004
    Location:
    New York
    #11
    I'm waiting for atleast the first update, just to be sure Apple works atleast a few bugs out. Untill the OS is functioning closer to 100% i'm going to hold onto my money.
     
  11. Gherkin macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 9, 2004
    #12
    I'm waiting until my university offers it for free. Hopefully they get on that soon.
     

Share This Page