when to buy an iMac and get Tiger

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by duncanshannon, Feb 4, 2005.

1. duncanshannon macrumors newbie

Apr 19, 2004
    hi everyone-

im ready to by my first personal mac (ive used them at work for a couple years). I cant imagine spending money on a PC anymore.

I want to buy a 20" iMac, and i'd like to get tiger (w/o buying it seperatly).

The buyers guide shows it may be updated in a month or so.

Can i expect that at some point, if i buy the iMac, that free upgrade to Tiger coupons will be included? They have done this in the past, havent they?

What are the rumors for tiger release dates?

thanks much-

2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

Jul 25, 2002
    Prospect, KY
    You'll only get Tiger for a reduced price ($19.99) if you purchase a new Mac after the EXACT release date for Tiger has been announced. This has not happened, and won't for several months.

If you really need the iMac, buy it. If not, wait.
  3. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    It's looking like Tiger will be release around the time of WWDC. Which occurs at the end of June. This will fulfill Steve's promise to release during the first half of 2005. Tiger won't be available right away on any Mac, it's just a matter of timing. As mentioned Apple would send you the Tiger CD for $19.95 S&H, if not shipped with your Mac.