when to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by miles01110, Jul 24, 2006.

  1. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #1
    I'm going to get a (white) Macbook soon, but I was wondering if there were rumors of a speed bump or price reduction any time soon? Should I wait, and if so how long?
     
  2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

    SilentPanda

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2002
    Location:
    The Bamboo Forest
    #2
    Wait until the WWDC is over and if nothing changes... buy away probably.
     
  3. thedude110 macrumors 68020

    thedude110

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2005
    #3
    I think a sound general policy withy any computer purchase -- but especially with the purchase of a Mac -- is that the technology you buy won't be cutting edge for very long. Machines are currently on the edge of an update, but rarely on the edge of a reduced price. In other words, is waiting for an update worth six months of a "I'm on top of the computing world!" feeling?

    It wouldn't hurt waiting until WWDC to buy, but I think you're safe buying now. There's certainly no major change coming to the Macbook line anytime soon.

    Take this for what it's worth -- I bought my PB and two weeks later the Intel transition was announced!
     
  4. miles01110 thread starter macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #4
    Eek- I had a similar experience with my last iMac...bought it and 2 days later processor speed bump and price reduction. Thanks for the advice, I'll probably just buy one in the next few days.
     

Share This Page