when to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by miles01110, Jul 24, 2006.

1. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I'm going to get a (white) Macbook soon, but I was wondering if there were rumors of a speed bump or price reduction any time soon? Should I wait, and if so how long?

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Wait until the WWDC is over and if nothing changes... buy away probably.

3. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

I think a sound general policy withy any computer purchase -- but especially with the purchase of a Mac -- is that the technology you buy won't be cutting edge for very long. Machines are currently on the edge of an update, but rarely on the edge of a reduced price. In other words, is waiting for an update worth six months of a "I'm on top of the computing world!" feeling?

It wouldn't hurt waiting until WWDC to buy, but I think you're safe buying now. There's certainly no major change coming to the Macbook line anytime soon.

Take this for what it's worth -- I bought my PB and two weeks later the Intel transition was announced!

4. miles01110 thread starter macrumors Core

miles01110

Eek- I had a similar experience with my last iMac...bought it and 2 days later processor speed bump and price reduction. Thanks for the advice, I'll probably just buy one in the next few days.