When to buy???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JohnnyQuest, Feb 25, 2007.

1. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

May 25, 2006
    I'm planning on getting a new Macbook in the near future. However, one question...WHEN TO BUY?? I have three chances- begining of March, middle of April, or July. I'm not using it for anything really extreme, just e-mail, web, iTunes, and pictures. Do I need to wait for Leopard (with all its glitches) or buy it now (with little to no glitches in the system)?
  2. pingplaer macrumors newbie

Feb 25, 2007
    same boat

I am in the same boat as you are....but I would just use mine for email, itunes and the web. Was wondering if th Macbook Pro would be too much for me and also how small is the 13" screen. I just wished they had 15" in black
  3. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

Oct 25, 2006
    Flyover country
    Personally, I'd buy now. There's a lot to like about the current Macbook line. But, for me, it doesn't really matter, I'd be looking at refurbs anyway. The savings are too big to even consider buying new, in my opinion.
  4. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

Sep 27, 2006
    If you can really wait, I'd say July. By then, Leopard will be out, and therefore your Macbook will come with Leopard pre-installed. Also, in May, the Santa Rosa platform will possibly be out, which you can read about on the front page of this site.

Edit: The refurbs are a great deal. My iMac is a refurb and it came in near-perfect condition. The only flaw I could spot was one tiny, tiny scratch on the chin, which is barely noticable, even if you are looking for it. Also, you may get some upgrades in the refurb model, like an upgraded processor or more RAM, for free.
  5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    If the model that is out now suits your needs I would buy now. If you think that you would want or need something more and the mbp is too much for you then wait and see what happens. To spend a lifetime chasing the next thing is probably very frustrating but people do it with great success. I say buy today if what is available is going to suit your immediate and near-future needs.
  6. zblaxberg Guest

Jan 22, 2007
    all you need is a macbook....macbook pro is too much...you'll be very happy with a macbook
  7. risc macrumors 68030

Jul 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    When to buy? For a MacBook that is easy. The best time to buy is the day Apple announce and start taking orders for the Santa Rosa model.