Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BetsyMePoocho

macrumors member
Original poster
Should I install MS Office 20011 in SL 10.6.8 before I update to Lion? Or copy my MS Office files to an external drive then move them over after the update.

Man it's gonna cost me some bucks to move to Lion... hope the "cool" gestures are worth it.......

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Should I install MS Office 20011 in SL 10.6.8 before I update to Lion? Or copy my MS Office files to an external drive then move them over after the update.

Man it's gonna cost me some bucks to move to Lion... hope the "cool" gestures are worth it.......
It makes no difference when you install it, but don't relocate the files after you do.

Big D 51

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Mobile, AL

I'm not sure how much bucks you are talking about, but I would save my money. The only reason I did because it was cheap. If it was expensive, I would be angry. Therefore, think really hard about gaining a few "cool" gestures for bucks (when I read "bucks", I am thinking thousands of dollars so maybe I'm off track).

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
I'm not sure how much bucks you are talking about, but I would save my money. ...
I know that the $29 license fee for Lion is a little rich for some people's blood. However, Apple loans have a decent payback period at a reasonable interest rate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.