When was the last time you did something stupid?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Abstract, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I mean, really really stupid. Forgetting to call you mum is not stupid. It isn't very thoughtful, but it's not pure stupidity. ;) This has to be a clearly idiotic act, where you must be embarrassed, or physically hurt yourself.

Um.......I'll start just to get the ball rolling. :p

Let me think of one first..........(hmmmm, maybe inappropriate, but I need to set an example, I guess)...........OK, last month, I was going to do the dirty dance with my girlfriend in bed. (This was after my "problem" was solved from mango juice) :eek: Lights in my room were a bit dim (Christmas lights in my room keep the place looking rather comfy), and I got a condom while in bed, ripped the packet open, and the condom fell out. Problem: I couldn't find it. Anyway, I kept doing whatever in order to kill some time while my hand was searching my bed to try and find the bloody thing. After around 10 minutes of nervous "fooling around," I just started laughing and admitted to her that around 10 minutes ago, it had dropped onto the bed somewhere and I couldn't find it. Hell, we searched for it together, and neither of us could find it. :D Next morning, I found it and felt so incredibly embarrassed.

Anyone else?

2. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Right now Im supposed to be typing up a 5 pg. research paper the night before its due, but instead I'm replying to a MR thread. Does that count?

3. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Ok, I really do come up with the worst threads. Just read what i wrote --- I've got to stop posting these babies.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I do something stupid at least twice per day. I smiled at someone on the train today(I see her everyday) and she smiled back but I don't think the dude next to her liked that much.

Bless

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

when i was in high school i had to leave the room during someone's presentation to meet with another teacher. when i got back, i saw that the presenter was fooling around with the television and computer. i marched right in and fiddled with the computer and television settings, interrupting the presenter. after getting the settings straight, i sat down and everyone was staring at me. apparently the presenter had already gotten the right settings and i had just messed everything up.

pretty embarrassing when i realized i had just messed up their presentation.
    pretty stupid of me to assume i was such a wiz and could fix the problem when there wasn't even a problem!

6. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

That was more clumsy than stupid. Stupid would be setting yourself on fire for laughs and thrills.

7. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

pfft...what time is it now?

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Nah nah nah, keep 'em coming. :D

The last stupid thing I did was an hour ago when I fell down the stairs. I usually hurtle down stairs, two at a time, but in the morning I sometimes slow things down with one step at a time. In my early morning stupor, I couldn't decide whether to go one or two steps until it was too late and I landed kinda one-and-a-half steps down the staircase. I fell the rest, which kinda woke me up. :cool:

Yeah, and last week I dressed up as a ninja and attacked a friend of mine in the mall. That was more embarrassing than stupid though.

9. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

Sometimes I'll be thinking about something, and someone will say something to me and I'll say what I'm thinking out loud.

Most of the time it's nothing bad....

Oh, and I tried to break into someone else's car thinking it was mine.
    Oh, Oh, I frequently grab hot pot and cooking sheets bare handed.

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You don't use keys like everybody else? I respect that. :cool:

11. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

I say that's not embarrassing or stupid, just plain cool. And I feel a bit stupid for thinking that's cool..... ninja's are rad:D

12. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

Thanks.

I left my window open and the keys under the seat.
    I thought some jerk closed the window.

Fiction: You can break open windows with your elbow. Like in the movies.
    Fact: Elbows can't break windows open like in the movies. You break your elbow.

And I meant "car". Not "ca".
    I am from RI but I don't type with an accent.

13. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

So, the high school where I'm teaching (small, alternative school) can't afford a social studies teacher. Which means social studies gets divided up between the math, English and science teachers.

So, one of the district head honchos (who holds some purse strings) comes to a staff meeting the other day and says that we should develop a common, interdisciplinary thematic curriculum with a "social studies emphasis and model." Which is really exciting and positive ... except that none of the faculty know jack about social studies (my running joke, since I "teach" a section of "US History," is "I'm sure stuff happened in like, the past. I just need to figure out what.").

So, I say "This seems like a really great idea. But how about if we had a social studies teacher?"

Which was a freaking stupid thing to say a month into the job. But which really wasn't a freaking stupid thing to say, you know?

14. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

Uh-Hu.

You live dangerously.

15. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

I just saw this on the New Posts page and it struck me as kind of funny, right in a row:

Attached Files:

16. NeoMac macrumors regular

NeoMac

Last Saturday.

I was having a quiet night at home. My friends had just left and I felt like having some wine before bed. Well I also felt like watching some old movies. So I was watching some dumb movies and after a while I realized I had drank the whole bottle of wine. I was felling nice so I thought I would have a little more to drink. I didn't want to open a new bottle of wine so I started to drink some beer I had in the fridge. So after about 4 hours I had drank a bottle of wine and 8 bottles of beer. I was feeling okay, not wasted or anything. I am a big guy and have a high tolerance for alcohol. So eventually I went to bed and as you can imagine I had to get up several times to go to the bathroom. One of the last times I got up, I hit my foot on a bench next the the bathroom door. I heard the loudest cracking sound. It hurt but I just wanted to go back to sleep. So I wake up at like 12 noon. :) and I happen to look at my foot. My toe is purple and yellow and I start freaking out. I get up and then I almost fell down because I couldn't put my weight on it. I ended up breaking my toe. I haven't felt that stupid since college. So the moral of the story is real friends don't let friends drink alone and let them break their toes. :D

17. Phat Elvis macrumors 6502

mad jew is my new favorite person.

18. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Neomac Well better your toes than your nose....we would not want you nose diving into the toilet:)

Bless

19. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

Wow!
    All the booze will make ya stupid for sure. Hope the toe heals quickly - but I feel much better after reading your story ! :)

Here's a recent stupid experience I thought of after my last post:
    Today I was eating my lunch while working, and I thought "man, this turkey sandwiche has something rotten in it"- kept chewing, and realized it was hard, and oddly shaped. Right before I swallowed I remembered I had a temporary cap on one of my teeth..... well - I stopped myself mid swallow and fished out my temporary just in time. Almost ingested a hunk of plastic that cost me $300 !

Yeah- me too !

20. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

About a month ago I was doing my laundry. I was shocked to find that the sleeves had disappeared on one of my shirts. After about 30 seconds of puzzlement I realized it was a pillow case. I thought I was loosing it.

21. CompUser Guest

Your a HS teacher correct, is your school a public school. Don't you have 10 year. I wouldn't worry about it :p :D
    ----

The other day at lunch this annoying kid that everyone hates was flinging food with a spoon. He inadvertently hit me with a small slice of sandwich turkey. This kid just annoys the S*** out of me and he always is throwing food and hits people he's not aiming for. So I got up, walked over to his table, picked up his lunch tray w/his food (1/4 eaten sandwich rap thing + fruit and stuff) on it and threw it in the garbage can that was right next to him. Everyone thought it was hilarious that I did that except the stupid social worker that helps monitor the lunch waves. I got yelled at and had to say "I am sorry for throwing away your lunch" and offered to buy him and new one.

Whatever, he got what he deserves. :D :cool:
    -----

Now that I have my driving permit, about 70% of the time I forget to put the car in park before turning the car off. I look like an idiot trying to pull the keys out of the ignition even though it doesn't let you.

22. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

You were loosing it - but thanks for the laugh!

23. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Does living with my ex count?

Okay... let's see... Stupid thing... stupid thing.
    AH! I have it. about 4 nights ago i woke up in the middle of the night, hungry, restless, so tired i was wobbling while I walked. Well, I got the milk out, got the cereal out. First I put the ceral in, then the milk, then got my spoon out (this is how I always do it) but then realized... I just poured it all into a glass, and not a bowl. :mad:

24. DMPDX macrumors 6502

The last stupid thing I did? eat at chilis. Ugh.

25. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Haha, that's pretty funny. It's not I-dressed-like-a-ninja-and-attacked-someone kind of funny, but funny nonetheless. ;)

I've got another story that isn't as personal this time. :eek:

I was in Sydney and on a boat. It was a costume party. I had to pee, so I went in and since I was a bit tipsy from the alcohol and the rocking of the boat, I accidentally pissed all over my pants, shoes, trousers, etc. When I was asked what happened, instead of making up some sort of excuse, I said "Ummmm.....ahhhhmmm...." and pretended I was making up a funny excuse. What fantastic excuse did I come up with? I replied, "I pissed all over myself." That was my first mistake, but he just laughed, thinking it was a joke. I was in the clear, since he thought I was joking, but then I was stupid enough to follow it up with, "Oh man, I can't believe I told you." Two mistakes. :rolleyes: