When will Comet & other UK third party suppliers offer the new air refresh?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by 482214, Jul 22, 2011.

  1. macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2010
    #1
    Hi guys

    I recently made an insurance claim for a damaged macbook pro and ive been given a £1550 voucher that can only be used in store at Comet.

    I want to buy the £999 11 inch air with 128 ssd and 4g of ram.

    I visited the huge comet in bristol today and they only have the older models in stock - the salesman was very friendly and contacted his head office who could not speculate on the new airs arrival date for the comet sales line up.

    My question is... Does anyone know from experience the delay in apple launching a new product and it arriving at third party Uk outlets?

    We have an apple store in Bristol and they have the exact model i want in stock now... Im very tempted to just buy it from apple and then use my comet voucher to buy 3 ipads or an imac which i could sell on ebay.

    What products sell better on ebay - ipads or an imac, perhaps ipods?

    Last chance try - anyone in bristol, uk want anything that Comet sells with a £1550 voucher. I would give u a good deal in return or cash.

    Thanks to all

    Chris
     
  2. thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2010
    #2
    Perhaps other countries have a delay with 3rd party supplier too?

    Would love to know

    Thanks

    Chris
     
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2010
  4. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2011
  5. macrumors 6502

    barebackbadger8

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2009
    Location:
    Wolverhampton, UK
    #5
    as a guy from the uk, comet are terrible when it comes to up-to-date computer tech! if it had of been currys/pc world you would of been ok because they have an official apple section in most stores now
    just had a look on currys website and they are taken orders now with expected delivery on the 26th July!

    i assume the comet voucher doesnt have a use-by date on it? if not i would hang tight till at least the beginning of august!

    or like you said, you could buy some other tech from comet and sell it. but you would lose a few pounds doing this!

    me personally i would wait
     
  6. JD92, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013

    macrumors 6502a

    JD92

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2005
  7. thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2010
    #7
    Thanks guys

    Indeed the website is now updated!

    With that in mind im going to wait for the stores to get them.

    Should be within a week theyve said

    Cheers
     

Share This Page