Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erkanasu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
They claim that they are working on 3d acceleration support, anyone know when this will be available?

Retired
May 16, 2006
Tomorrow.

They are quite good at improving their stuff, so I expect virtualized 3D with quite low frame rates by around Christmas...

If you're that desperate for games in OSX, maybe try Codeweavers crossover...

erkanasu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
They are quite good at improving their stuff, so I expect virtualized 3D with quite low frame rates by around Christmas...

If you're that desperate for games in OSX, maybe try Codeweavers crossover...

Heres my dilemma: i like to play games like rise of nations( which is pretty old now) in full screen. The osx version sucks. I have boot camp, but that doesnt support my Dell 22" as a primary monitor hooked up to my macbook. so yeah

btw RON is not supported in crossover

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
yes, both nice features, lets hope vmware adds a cohearence type thing, or parallels add 3d support lol, 1st past the post.

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
VMwares have released this regarding the youtube video featuring 3D support, things are looking quite good for the future of virtualisation....
http://blogs.vmware.com/vmtn/2007/02/clarifying_the_.html

I imagine you'll have pure virtualization (hopefully either way) when the VM companies support 3D graphics and dual/quad core procs are on eveyone's machine. Give it a year or two...

Then the question will be - which hardware environment do you normally work in? A Mac with a virtualized Windows? or a Windows with virtualized Mac?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.