When will I get my new Mac???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by eyeon, Jun 10, 2004.

1. eyeon macrumors regular

Apr 7, 2004
    Montana, USA
    I just ordered a dual 2.5GHz G5 yesterday (!!!) and when checking out, it said, "est. delivery time: July" -- does anyone know if this means the beginning of July or the end, or any further information (i.e. number of weeks from purchase date)??? My last computer at home just died and I am a professional designer who can't just tell all my clients that they have to wait a month because I don't have a computer... I really need this thing, and am just curious when exactly I will get it.

Thanks in advance.
  2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    If you really want to know might I suggest you ask the people that will be shipping it? Apple! How should anyone here know when exactly you will get your mac??
  3. VooDooPope macrumors member

Jun 9, 2004
    The Heights, Houston TX
    Looks like you better try to find something to design on while waiting for your new G5

edesignuk - I clicked over to check out your .mac photo gallery. Nice MINI. Mine is Dark Silver/Black top. I'm president of the Houston MINI Motoring Society here in Houston http://www.hmms.org - Anyway... Take it easy.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...
  4. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    go to a store and pick up a suitable replacement (considering power and price) right away. this is your livelihood you are talking here. assume the worst, that apple could have supply problems for the new G5s and that they may not ship even past the end of july -> get a replacement now. don't count on being able to hold apple accountable for any delays - it's not their problem.
  5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Apple's track record on getting the fastest machine out in time is less than stellar. I'll be surprised if you get your machine in July - I'd plan on seeing that in August.

So if you're in need of a machine now, get one that available now.

Good luck,