When will iLife '05 arrive at my door?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by hikeNM, Jan 16, 2005.

1. hikeNM macrumors 6502a

I know the apple web page says deliver on January 22. Does that mean it will show up at my door on January 22? Or, does that mean they will ship it on the 22nd?

2. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

It says on the apple store website "Deliver by Jan 22nd", one can only assume they mean what they say. I remember when they released panther, people were recieving their copies earlier, so yes you should hopefully recieve it on the 22nd Jan ot even before! if your very very lucky! :D

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

With new release software Apple tends to send that out from various warehouses in the country. Directing delivery to be by designated date, which in this case is the 22nd.

4. EMKoper macrumors regular

EMKoper

Play on Words?

Not sure... I ordered from the Apple store and this is what the final confirmation said... but also said allow up to 5 days after edtimated ship date. You tell me what that means?

ORDER
    Part Number: M9779LL/A
    Product Name: iLife '05
    Unit Price: $65.60
    Quantity: 1
    Net Price: $65.60
    Estimated time to ship: Deliver by Jan 22nd

5. hikeNM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sounds like to me, ambiguiety(?) is the name of the game.

6. Bear macrumors G3

It will arrive...

It will arrive on the 22nd, barring delivery issues like weather, or nobody at the address to sign for it (sometimes stuff will be left without a signature - depends on a lot of factors).

For both prior versions of iLife as well as Jaguar and Panther, I got my software either on the deliver by date or the day before.

I just checked my order status for iLife'05 and iWork'05 (both of which had the deliver by the 22nd) and the shipping has been upgraded to 2 day delivery. I bet a lot of people will find out that their delivery method has been upgraded for free.

7. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I feel sorry for the newbs in this forum and Apple's support forums that selected "overnight" delivery. As with prior products, I expect Apple to deliver iLife and iWork on Saturday---with a slight chance of delivery on Friday. I just hope they stick to their word with my Mac mini!

8. vgurl macrumors newbie

My order confirmation says that I have an Estimated Ship date of on or before 1/21 which I took to mean that it would leave the warehouse by that date. (My shipping was bumped to 2 Day as well.) But I'll be thrilled to bits if it's delivered by that date! I mostly bought it for iPhoto 5. :)

....I just hope that Tiger doesn't ship w/ iLife '05 bundled with it cuz I plan on buying that too.

9. Bear macrumors G3

Tiger will probably ship with the latest iTunes and it might ship with and old iPhoto and iMovie (at best). It will not ship with any version of GrageBand or iDVD and will not ship with the current versions of iMovie or iPhoto (if it ships with nay version of these).

Don't worry, if you need the iLife'05 applications, it's money well spent. And don't forget to get the family pack if you have multiple Macs at home.

10. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

If it's anything like the debacle that was the delivery of Panther by Apple UK then your copy of iLife will arrive several days after every Apple reseller has it in stock.

I know. I ordered my copy from Apple UK....yes, it was days late.

11. Bear macrumors G3

opefully they know that things went wrong last time and they know how to fix the issues.

Remember if things go wrong, a politely worded complaint might help.

12. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

We're dealing with Apple UK here...you might as well run into a brick wall for all the good it will do you. For what is Apple's second biggest market we get piss poor service.

13. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

Exactly! Sometimes I wish Apple would notice that we're here..

They can start by selling iTMS gift cards at the Apple store. Then a few more mini-stores in London would be cool too :D

/asif

14. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

My iLife '05 and iWork order says on the Order Status page "Estimated Ship: On or before 1/21/2005". I opted for the fastest shipping option, so I had to pay extra...but I think it'll be worth it. I'm curious as to whether Apple's shipping system will live up to its claim.

15. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

I have yet to understand why people opt for overnight or 2-day delivery when Apple's "delivered by Jan 22" promotion is in effect. As in the past, all orders will be automatically upgraded in order to delivery by the 22nd (which they have already). There is no benefit to paying for express shipping, when this promotion exsists. Like iLife 04 and Panther, the orders will all ship at or near the same time unless pre-orders exceed initial supply. Aren't you just wasting your money?

16. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

wrldwzrd89,

I know it may take some explaining, but I would try to get my money back on the express shipping. Apple really should not offer express shipping when a specific delivery date exists.

Josh

17. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Firstly, I don't see any promotion. As far as I can tell they're just specifying the ship date differently.
    Second, after reading about all the shipping issues people have posted about on these forums, I don't believe you one bit.
    Finally, I wouldn't worry about it. There's no point in trying to convince me otherwise.

18. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Okay, just trying to save you some money. I payed for overnight shipping with 10.3, and ended up receiving it along with everyone else who payed less than me. That ticked me off, but apprarently it doesn't bother you.

19. Bear macrumors G3

I have found that when Apple does the "deliver by" for new software, that they upgrade shipping for free as neccesary. As of the last time I checked, my order had been upgraded to 2 day delivery from ground for free.

Anyway, you paid the extra money for expadited shipping for no reason.

As a bonus, it looks like that the FCE HD Upgrade (on the same order) which did not have a delivery guarantee (3 -4 week shipping window) will also have expedited shipping for free.

20. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

If you're that desperate, all Apple stores nationwide will open an hour earlier on 1/22 to showcase the Mini, iLife and Works...buy it and return the one that arrives on your doorstep a couple of days later.

21. Bear macrumors G3

Or cancel your order and just buy it in the store...less work for you and less cost for Apple. Yes returns, even sealed reurns cost a store money.

Of course if you ordered it when it was "deliver by the 22nd" you should not have to worry about any of these gyrations anyway.

22. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Sheesh - you guys sure are persistent. There are times that I don't like being a Mac user; this is one of them. I'm not listening to any of it.

23. Bear macrumors G3

That makes you sound like a Microsoft user.

24. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Its $17 for overnight shipping for iLife 05 and iWork. I think I would want that back...

25. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I'm not convinced yet that I should.