When will it ship?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Damien, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Damien macrumors regular

I ordered iLife 05 & iWork 05. I am in the UK so they are released on the 29th.

Now the website says ships on for before 29/01/05. How often to do send it before so that you receive it on release day? Will i get it on release day or will it be sent of release day.

Does anyone have previous experance with this? Especially helpful if the product you ordered was software and if you live in the uk but it would also be helpful in hear from you yanks as well ;)

2. Damien thread starter macrumors regular

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Never depend on the 'date shipped' date with Apple. If the stuff is in the warehouse, they'll ship it and you'll get the 'before' date but it's dependent on may things...

1. Apple deciding not to delay the product for x days/months (less of an issue with software). This change may not update until the day of expected ship.
    2. If there are delays with Customs letting items into country
    3. TNT deciding not to leave it sitting in Eindhoven for a week after it's shipped
    4. TNT remembering to deliver it to you, having the correct address and someone to sign for it.

If all goes well, you should have it on 29 Jan. If not, then a few days later

4. Damien thread starter macrumors regular

THanks, I would get it at the London Apple store but i get 50% off with the nusdiscount so.....