when will new 20" cinema display be available?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by QCassidy352, Jul 8, 2004.

1. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

All my local apple store will say is "mid to late july." So is that a week, or 3 weeks? Has anyone been able to get a better answer as to when they will become available?

2. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Well...

It seems like mid to late july means 1-3 weeks. Why do you think anyone besides cupertino would know exactly when they are going to be available?

3. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Yes, I know it means 1-3 weeks. :rolleyes: The point of the question was if anyone had heard anything more specific.

I don't *expect* that anyone has, but thought that maybe someone has been quoted a more exact date by apple. I was just hoping, that's all. You never know what info people come across.

4. bilingual macrumors newbie

My 20'' Apple display has shipped! It will be here on Friday!

I am giddy!

5. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

well, I called an apple store again today, just to see if they had new info, and they said no, all they knew was "a few weeks." So I said the heck with it, and ordered it online this morning.

Tonight I got an e mail saying it had shipped despite being quoted 2-4 weeks at checkout!!! Man, I'm SO excited. I just thought I'd get it end of july, same as if I waited for retail... I had no idea I might get it sooner, let alone shipping same day!!!!!!! :D :D :D

6. Tremaine macrumors member

Ordered my 20" on 6/29 - it is scheduled to arrive tomorrow! Can't wait!!!
    (I live only 1.5 hr from Elk Grove)

It is actually going to arrive quicker than the G5 I ordered on 6/28

7. klaus macrumors 6502a

klaus

Congratulations man!

I ordered a 23" to go along with my g5 2x2.5, but I don't expect it here at the end of july (ordered through an official apple center, but i'm in belgium/europe)

I'm wondering to what the estimated shipping date was, cause nobody mentioned a shipping date of 13 july on their order, so it must be shipped a lot sooner than told on their status page.

What was yours?

Thx!

8. Bhennies macrumors 6502

REALLY! Oh man, I hope my 23" will come soon. My eyeballs have retreated back into their sockets from using the powerbook screen for a month. Hurry up!

9. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Apple website says now shipping for displays. They probably mean the 20" and 23" though, not the 30".

Cool news anyway.

10. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

it will be here by 4:30 tomorrow!! ooh, I can't wait!!

11. klaus macrumors 6502a

klaus

You will take pictures for us poor guys who still have to wait for their order to ship right?

I am dying to see some real life pics of them, and not the ones from wwdc and the apple store :)

and ps : maybe photograph the box as well? (they always have a fancy designed box as well )

Will you, will you? :D

12. Tremaine macrumors member

My 20" should be arriving via FedEx Ground any MINUTE, although I'm at work, so pictures will have to wait until tonight... :D

13. klaus macrumors 6502a

klaus

haha, i'll stay up as long as it takes..euhm, perhaps not, what's your time zone :D mine is gmt +1 hehe, well, if I wake up in the morning, i'll have something to look at, rather than the tired face in the mirror

14. Tremaine macrumors member

[​IMG]

Here's the best I can do from work with my phone camera. Sorry for the quality. But it did arrive in a suitcase sized black box with handle, that has the monitor pictured actual size on the outside. I am dying to open it, but I rather wait until I get home... pictures from others will probably get posted by then...

15. Klopsi69 macrumors member

that's awesome trmaine!

u gonna give us a little mini review, especially on ghosting and responce times?

i can't wait.

16. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I'll post reviews and pictures when i get mine... tomorrow can't get here fast enough.

17. Tremaine macrumors member

I won't have my 2.0 Dual until tomorrow, setup should take a little while, but I'd be happy to post my thoughts after that. Curently I have an iMac so I don't think I can hook the monitor up to that tonight. ;)

18. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Thank you for the picture Tremaine. ;) It looks awesome just getting to see the box, mush better than the old white box. We are now in G5 country. I can only just imagine how excited you are. Hoping that one of the new displays will be at MacWorld Boston.

19. tekno_geek911 macrumors 6502

I would like to buy the new 20" ACD but im not sure if it would look stupid since I have a white BT keyboard/mouse and plan on buying white JBL Creatures...Hmm I guess I can save some cash and buy the older model.

20. Tremaine macrumors member

If you buy the grey Creatures, they will match the monitor better than white. Then just buy new keyboard and mouse when they get updated. :p

21. tekno_geek911 macrumors 6502

Never thought of that(a lil slow today lol)
    I'll go check them out again before I buy...From what I remember the grey ones looked kinda cheap,thats why I decided on the white ones to match my kb,mouse and the iPod im ordering.