When will new MBAs stock on amazon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by zachmo360, Jun 10, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

May 20, 2013
    Hey guys
    I was just wondering how long it will be before amazon start stocking the haswell MBAs, coz they're so much cheaper in uk from amazon!
  2. macrumors 6502

May 27, 2013
    Use this link at your peril, it beats amazon every time

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

May 20, 2013
    Yeh but I'm not a student

Does anyone actually know???
  4. macrumors member

Jul 6, 2006
  5. macrumors 68020

Mar 28, 2011
    No, no one on MR knows. Why would you think anyone here would know? :rolleyes:
  6. thread starter macrumors newbie

May 20, 2013
    I'm just really excited to get a new MBA and I'm trying to resist paying over the odds on apple store!
  7. macrumors 6502a

Jan 1, 2012
    order it, i guarantee you'll get a nice new laptop in the post. a few of my friends who dont go to uni have used my uni link and received what they ordered, with the bonus of 3 year warranty for free.
    once youve placed an order there are no subsequent checks to prove youre a student

also, mine appears to be a bit cheaper ;)
  8. macrumors 6502a

Apr 28, 2011
    Well they at least noted that the previous gen models are "older" and they seemed to have dropped in price since this afternoon. So hopefully soon.
  9. macrumors 6502a

Jan 1, 2012
  10. thread starter macrumors newbie

May 20, 2013
    I'm gonna try ordering through that link in the next few weeks once I've got my money together ;) How does this sound for general use + iPhoto, iMovie, some parallels and 3D modelling (sketchup with rendering add-on):
    MBA 13" 1.3ghz i5
    8gb RAM
    Anyone used the new MBAs with multiple displays?, just wondering, I only need it to power a single 24"

That is an amazing deal, but I need 8gb really and the new graphics are so much faster for 3D stuff :)
  11. macrumors 6502a

Jan 1, 2012
    id prefer a pro for 3d modelling, the hd4000 struggled but the 500 may be better.
    my 11" air handles an external monitor perfectly
  12. macrumors newbie

Jun 14, 2013
    Norwich, UK
    Free 3 year warranty? Where did you find this out? When I go to the checkout I get offered AppleCare for three years, but at a price of £48.
  13. macrumors 68040

Nov 23, 2011
    Clearly he's Australian, the bonus warranty isn't a bonus warranty, it's the law in Australia, so for the 99.999% of us who are reading his post and DON'T live in AUS, disregard, students only get a "free" 1 year warranty.

Contrary to what the 22 Million population of the Australian continent think, the world does not revolve around them, lol
  14. Giuly, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014

macrumors 68040

Amazon in the US has 'em, but the price is the same as the non-edu store so you might as well hit the next physical Apple Store.
  15. macrumors member

Aug 2, 2010
    The £48 is for three years telephone support. The hardware 3 year warranty is automatic under the education department.

I am surprised apple havnt clamped down on non students using this link but I suppose its a sale :). Sssshh
  16. macrumors 6502a

Jan 1, 2012
    the £48 is for the phone support uplift. from apple;

"Every new Mac purchased from the Apple Store for Higher Education comes with complimentary telephone technical support for one year from your Mac purchase date and three years of repair coverage. With the AppleCare Protection Plan Uplift (AdditionalTelephone Technical Support), you can extend your telephone technical support to three years from the computer's purchase date. You can call Apple's award-winning experts as often as you like and get your questions answered"

its a perk of the online education store.
  17. PhD Chick, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013

macrumors newbie

Jun 14, 2013
    Norwich, UK
    Thanks for this, I'd have ended up paying for phone support that I would never have used!

I'm still 'technically' a student, so I'm fine to use it. ;P