Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Broseidon

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2012
With all these posts about BTO 27" iMacs getting ready to ship, does anyone fancy taking a guess at when the standard models will be appearing in stores?

Would it be unusual for people to receive their iMacs before the stores?

fossen

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
With all these posts about BTO 27" iMacs getting ready to ship, does anyone fancy taking a guess at when the standard models will be appearing in stores?

Would it be unusual for people to receive their iMacs before the stores?

Display models, or stock?

I can't imagine the stores would have stock while the website lists all the 27" as "Available to Ship: January." Could be wrong.

ViperDesign

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
Utah
I am willing to bet the 21st will have models in the store. As for stock, who knows.

I am shocked the 27 inch is not on the floor yet. Since they are shipping already, it seems they should have some on the floor to play with.

Broseidon

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2012

I can't imagine the stores would have stock while the website lists all the 27" as "Available to Ship: January." Could be wrong.

Hmmm... Good point! I was hoping for stock.

Would it be illogical to think that stock destined for stores would allocated differently from online orders? i.e. The demand online has been massive which has pushed dates back to January, store stock will be arriving as planned, for say late December.

Just a thought.

Last edited:

rworne

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Los Angeles

This is actually the case.

With a variety of products they do this very thing. IPhone 5, Retina MacBook Pro, and the new, smaller screen iMacs were all in stock (some quite briefly) on release day. Even while people were awaiting delivery of their pre-orders.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
They will always have some stock in stores, as far as which configs and how many that is unknown.

RoastingPig

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
SoCal
December 21, 2012 when the world is running with molten lava and earthquakes are ravaging the landscapes.

lali

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
Was there not someone on these forums that bought one in-store recently?
Do we know for a fact there are zero in-store?

I cannot find the thread in which the person, after being asked "is there anything else you were looking for?" jokingly asked for a 27 and the apple store red shirt said, "of course, we have one in the back" and this is how this person got his

Broseidon

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2012
With all the order piling up online i'm guessing late January/beginning of February in Europe. US might be 1/2 weeks earlier. Haven't seen one yet in a store in The Netherlands so far.

Damn... that bad, huh?

I am in desperate need of my new Macs. Stupidly thought that the base model 27"s would be in store around now.

Is it too late to pre-order or should I wait for the stores to get them in?

Lambros

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Well that's what i'm thinking. Have no idea if it's a good estimation though.

Here's a Google Doc that has been setup by a member on this forum to get an indication of the time that it's taking Apple to ship to a certain part of the World.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlEmmsf8GxV9dE1EQnFzWGpidFduY1Qxb2ZYUFZTQ2c#gid=0

The Apple Stores in Australia have them on their floors to test, but I'm not too sure if they have them in the back for purchase. I'll give them a call tomorrow morning (at two stores) and find out what they have in stock (will post back as soon as I know).

jae999

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
Was there not someone on these forums that bought one in-store recently?
Do we know for a fact there are zero in-store?

I cannot find the thread in which the person, after being asked "is there anything else you were looking for?" jokingly asked for a 27 and the apple store red shirt said, "of course, we have one in the back" and this is how this person got his

Apple stores near me have 0 iMacs of any kind and are unsure when more will be in. Best Buy said they have none, no one has any and they weren't allowed to order more until Apple got back to them saying it would be ok again.

They both have pretty display models to play with though. So nice :)

sounddesigner

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2012
I have had that same problem for the past week but the guy at the store said mid January so hopefully hes wrong and they will be there sooner

Toops

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2012
Same here, even though I'm no germ the 27in but only the high end 21in w/o fusion there's none at any of my apple retail stores here in NYC( mind we have 5 apples stores here and none at all..) disappointing though Cus usually when you display models out you should have them in stock for sale.

I also believe that here in NYC we have the highest foot traffic in store , but I may be wrong.

emsworthboy

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2012
Emsworth, England
John Lewis had stock of 27 inch on December 19th

I had been waiting for John Lewis to stock the 27 inch which appeared at 9am on 19th (I had been checking six times a day) I ordered and asked for delivery on 21st. Got confirmation (including a check by credit card comany) saying it was despatched for delivery on 21st. Turned out they had "sold out before my order processed" despite online status still saying shipped. After that they would not say when I might get it and offered a list of stores to check if it was in stock as their system did not allow for that. Decided to cancel and now on order with Apple direct!

Sassers

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2012
Central coast California - some stores don't expect any until mid January, but I did get lucky and found an upgraded 27" in the exact configuration I had placed an order for. In checking around, I found that the stores were getting a few in every couple of days, but they tended to sell out quickly. It seemed that most were the upgraded version (i7, 1tb fusion, 680mx card). It required a couple of days of calling around, but it worked - I got mine on the 22nd.

mdb90

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2012
With all the order piling up online i'm guessing late January/beginning of February in Europe. US might be 1/2 weeks earlier. Haven't seen one yet in a store in The Netherlands so far.
Actually they got display models in some stores.(e.g. I-am-store, Veendendaal) But don't have them in stock yet, expect them 'somewhere in January'.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.