When will the 27" appear in stores - any predictions?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Broseidon, Dec 11, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

May 8, 2012
    With all these posts about BTO 27" iMacs getting ready to ship, does anyone fancy taking a guess at when the standard models will be appearing in stores?

Would it be unusual for people to receive their iMacs before the stores?
  2. macrumors member

Jun 14, 2010
    Display models, or stock?

I can't imagine the stores would have stock while the website lists all the 27" as "Available to Ship: January." Could be wrong.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Aug 7, 2007
    I am willing to bet the 21st will have models in the store. As for stock, who knows.

I am shocked the 27 inch is not on the floor yet. Since they are shipping already, it seems they should have some on the floor to play with.
  4. Broseidon, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012

thread starter macrumors regular

May 8, 2012
    Hmmm... Good point! I was hoping for stock.

Would it be illogical to think that stock destined for stores would allocated differently from online orders? i.e. The demand online has been massive which has pushed dates back to January, store stock will be arriving as planned, for say late December.

Just a thought.
  5. macrumors 6502

Jul 23, 2002
    This is actually the case.

With a variety of products they do this very thing. IPhone 5, Retina MacBook Pro, and the new, smaller screen iMacs were all in stock (some quite briefly) on release day. Even while people were awaiting delivery of their pre-orders.
  6. macrumors 68000

Jul 13, 2007
    They will always have some stock in stores, as far as which configs and how many that is unknown.
  7. macrumors 68000

Jul 23, 2012
    December 21, 2012 when the world is running with molten lava and earthquakes are ravaging the landscapes.
  8. macrumors regular

Aug 8, 2008
    San Francisco, USA
    Friday 12/14

When people get it at their homes....
  9. macrumors 6502

Jul 23, 2002
    At least I won't have to worry about the CC bill, might as well go for the top model.
  10. thread starter macrumors regular

May 8, 2012
  11. macrumors member

Dec 19, 2012
    The Netherlands
    With all the order piling up online i'm guessing late January/beginning of February in Europe. US might be 1/2 weeks earlier. Haven't seen one yet in a store in The Netherlands so far.
  12. macrumors regular

Oct 14, 2007
    Was there not someone on these forums that bought one in-store recently?
    Do we know for a fact there are zero in-store?

I cannot find the thread in which the person, after being asked "is there anything else you were looking for?" jokingly asked for a 27 and the apple store red shirt said, "of course, we have one in the back" and this is how this person got his
  13. thread starter macrumors regular

May 8, 2012
    Damn... that bad, huh?

I am in desperate need of my new Macs. Stupidly thought that the base model 27"s would be in store around now.

Is it too late to pre-order or should I wait for the stores to get them in?
  14. macrumors member

Dec 19, 2012
    The Netherlands
  15. macrumors regular

Feb 24, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    The Apple Stores in Australia have them on their floors to test, but I'm not too sure if they have them in the back for purchase. I'll give them a call tomorrow morning (at two stores) and find out what they have in stock (will post back as soon as I know).
  16. macrumors newbie

Dec 27, 2012
    Apple stores near me have 0 iMacs of any kind and are unsure when more will be in. Best Buy said they have none, no one has any and they weren't allowed to order more until Apple got back to them saying it would be ok again.

They both have pretty display models to play with though. So nice :)
  17. macrumors 6502

Mar 29, 2009
    I just left my second Apple Store today in a fruitless search for the 27". Neither store had any iMacs period.
  18. macrumors regular

Dec 22, 2012
    I have had that same problem for the past week but the guy at the store said mid January so hopefully hes wrong and they will be there sooner
  19. macrumors newbie

Dec 28, 2012
    Same here, even though I'm no germ the 27in but only the high end 21in w/o fusion there's none at any of my apple retail stores here in NYC( mind we have 5 apples stores here and none at all..) disappointing though Cus usually when you display models out you should have them in stock for sale.

I also believe that here in NYC we have the highest foot traffic in store , but I may be wrong.
  20. macrumors member

Dec 20, 2012
    Emsworth, England
    John Lewis had stock of 27 inch on December 19th

I had been waiting for John Lewis to stock the 27 inch which appeared at 9am on 19th (I had been checking six times a day) I ordered and asked for delivery on 21st. Got confirmation (including a check by credit card comany) saying it was despatched for delivery on 21st. Turned out they had "sold out before my order processed" despite online status still saying shipped. After that they would not say when I might get it and offered a list of stores to check if it was in stock as their system did not allow for that. Decided to cancel and now on order with Apple direct!
  21. macrumors member

Mar 29, 2012
    The Netherlands
    They are in

Amac Middelburg ( the Netherlands) has both the 21" and 27" on display to play with..........
  22. macrumors regular

Dec 12, 2012
    I'm sure the 5th Ave store in Manhattan has them.
  23. macrumors newbie

Dec 28, 2012
    Nope I live in midtown NYC , called them n they said none at all
  24. macrumors member

Dec 10, 2012
    Central coast California - some stores don't expect any until mid January, but I did get lucky and found an upgraded 27" in the exact configuration I had placed an order for. In checking around, I found that the stores were getting a few in every couple of days, but they tended to sell out quickly. It seemed that most were the upgraded version (i7, 1tb fusion, 680mx card). It required a couple of days of calling around, but it worked - I got mine on the 22nd.
  25. macrumors newbie

Dec 27, 2012
    Actually they got display models in some stores.(e.g. I-am-store, Veendendaal) But don't have them in stock yet, expect them 'somewhere in January'.