iPad mini When will the refurbished iPad Minis be in the store?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xEnOnn, Dec 8, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

When would the refurbished iPad Minis probably be on the Apple Store? Perhaps after christmas? Also, at what price would the refurbished iPad Minis likely to be at?

I don't know if I should just wait for the refurbished iPad Minis or just get the new one. I could wait, but I don't know how long I would need to wait, and how much discount I will get from buying a refurbished set.

2. macrumors regular

Hmm, I tried to buy (for store pickup in GA) a white/silver wifi-only mini but no stores in GA (or SC or NC) had any to sell me. Not in 16GB or 32GB.

I doubt refurbs will be coming before the holidays are over with.

3. macrumors 6502a

Judging from the return stories here, they'll be plenty to go around!:)

4. macrumors 6502

There's always bestbuy open box deals too.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

This is sad because then I would have to wait, and I don't know how long more I would have to wait. Most importantly, I want to know much how would the refurbish iPad minis cost because this would then allow me to assess if I should continue to wait.

6. macrumors 6502

How would anybody know? The iPad mini has only been out for a month.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Perhaps the hardcore followers of iProducts would have an estimation or a rough gauge of the usual cost of a refurbished iPad Mini given its current retail cost?

8. macrumors 603

siurpeeman

my guess is you'll see the base model reduced $50, roughly 15% savings.

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

ohh...it wouldn't even be a discount of a hundred dollar? I see the refurbished iPad 3 has close to a hundred dollar discount, and I thought this could happen for the iPad mini too. :( This makes me wonder if it is worth the wait for the refurbished iPad Mini.

10. macrumors 6502

ohh... I paid full price. Why would you expect to pay $100 less on a very new product, albeit a refurb, so soon? Don't get your hopes up. You're looking at least 6 months or more, and by then ipad mini 2 will be be out. Either wait a while or pay full price!

11. macrumors 603

siurpeeman

food for thought. the ipad 3 first hit the refurb store five months after launch. all models were discounted a flat $50. here's the original macrumors story back in august.

12. macrumors 68040

Just get a new one. It is way too early to get a refurbished one at a great price. Best Best only gives about $40 discount on used/refurbished when an item was basically just released.

13. macrumors G3

Refurb discount is usually a percentage value. Just go look a what percentage other iPads are being discounted and do the math.

14. macrumors regular

My best guess would be sometime in April at a price of $289.00.

15. macrumors 603

Max(IT)

If people keep returning iPads for invisible defects like you can see here on Macrumors forum, well I think we are going to see a lot of refurbished Minis in the next weeks :D:cool::D

16. macrumors 6502a

Using past performance as an example 2 qtr 2013.

17. macrumors 6502a

I can't wait for these Refurbished minis!

18. macrumors regular

You will save $50 in April when iPad mini with Retina display will be out. Will it be worth it? My answer is no, I will take the Retina display over $50.

19. thread starter macrumors newbie

Woah... Will Apple really release a new iPad Mini in April this soon? Of course a Retina iPad is way better. And this makes my decision to buy the current ipad mini even more difficult. I don't know if I should just wait for the Retina iPad Mini.

20. macrumors regular

iPad Mini $359

If you are willing to sign a 2 year DATA contract with Verizon or ATT you can save $100.

att.com/ipad

21. macrumors 603

saving107

Save $100, hmm?

24 Month Contract ($14.99) = $359
    24 Month Contract ($30.00) = $720

But thats cool, you saved $100 even though the Cellular version of the iPads are $130 more than the WiFi models.

22. macrumors 6502

The math is irrelevant if you want or need the cellular capability.