When will there be a logitech bluetooth mouse?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by DavidCL23, Feb 9, 2003.

1. DavidCL23 macrumors 6502

Dec 14, 2001
    When will there be a logitech bluetooth mouse?
    Also would bluetooth go further then the current 6 feet on logitech mice?
  2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

Sep 8, 2002
    The Netherlands
    I dislike wireless mice. I've tried one once.
    It's for the simple reason that the mouse needs batteries. This makes the mouse heavier, which makes it less accurate. Ofcourse this is a matter of opinion.
  3. yosoyjay macrumors regular

Nov 20, 2002
    I don't understand why there are not more rechargable mice with lithium ion batteries.
  4. strider42 macrumors 65816

Feb 1, 2002
    can anyone tell me if a bluetooth wireless mouse is any better than the traditional ones that have been out for years. Seems kind of useless to me if the technology isn't any better. I suppose it would eliminate the need for a wireless adaptor, but only on macs with built in bluetooth in the first place.
  5. Tommy! macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2001
    I sure hope someone come out with them soon, I really want one for the 12" PB im gettin! it would be awesome because u wouldnt need that stupid base... I have a micro*oft Blue one right now, and it works really well.... i actually brought it down the hall to the other side of the house and it worked lol... so it can go pretty damn far. and the batteries last forever!
  6. Independence macrumors regular

Jan 14, 2003
    United States
    i like my wireless optical mouse. the batteries last a long time and i like the added weight. it doesnt have the range that a bluetooth mouse might have (the mouse cant be very far from the USB receiver) but i dont sit a long distance from my computer.
  7. bellis1 macrumors 6502

Feb 9, 2003
    I want one!

This is my first post but ince sI have been reading these boards daily since november in anticipation of what apple would release. I was hoping for an iTablet. I ended up buying a 12" because I couldnt possibly by a G3 ibook (I just threw my performa 6400 in the trash) and couldnt possibly afford the 17". Hell, I didnt even get the superdrive (1X, youre joking). So on the bright side my new mac comes tomorrow. It has been a long time since my last purchase (remember performa 6400). So I would love to have a keyboard and mouse that I didnt even need to take 5 seconds to plug in. I really am serious and I think I will wait until they come out with one. And now the ultimate would be a bluetooth monitor. Imagine you could just come into work set your laptop down turn on the monitor and start working! So is anyone making a docking station for the 12" yet? I dont think I'll be able to sleep because my new toy will be here in the morning!
  8. yzedf macrumors 65816

Nov 1, 2002
    bluetooth range is similar to current wireless mouse range, ~6 feet.
  9. strider42 macrumors 65816

Feb 1, 2002
    Re: I want one!

It would be absolutely impossible to have a bluetooth monitor. People don't seem to realize how slow bluetooth is. its not even 1/11th the speed of USB. That is super slow. its about as fast as the old apple desktop bus (ADB) connections.

I won't even comment about an iTablet. I've ranted enough about how I think its a terrible idea in the past. I think you'll love the 12 incher PB.
  10. GetSome681 macrumors regular

Feb 2, 2002
    bluetooth range is actually not that great. it operates @ a low frequency, and response time is not great (for gaming that is). I have the logitech mx700 and it's a million times better than any bluetooth mouse, with the fastest response time (highest frequency) for gaming, and the cradle recharges the included NiMH batteries in no time. Most of the time I leave mine out of the cradle, especially overnight, and I never once have had a problem with no battery life.

you want wireless, forget bluetooth, get the mx700.
  11. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    Here's a great idea, why not put a Gumstick Ion battery in it, and it echarges over Bluetooth, it could be done so easy, you'd need to change the battery ever year, it would be lite and cheap.

It would be like a pro mouse without a cord