When will there be a new iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by TheDance511, Feb 14, 2007.

1. TheDance511 macrumors 6502

I was wondering is there going to be a new iPod with touchscreen. And how many gigs will they new iPod have? I know it is hard to say but if anyone knows anything please post it.:apple:

2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Nobody knows...and if they did, they sure as hell wouldn't post it on a public forum.

EDIT: Though I'll take a shot in the dark at 120GB iPod with touch screen controls by June.

3. richmon22 macrumors member

it would be a big mistake for apple to not make an ipod with touch screen because there are many ppl who will not buy the iphone because of the phone feature is a waste of money to them. when the imitation iphones come out (especialy the ones withought the actual phone feature) ipod sales will fall drasticly.

4. TheDance511 thread starter macrumors 6502

5. musicalmcs8706 macrumors regular

I can tell you exactly when it happens...just like last time.:confused:
    I'll buy a new one, and two months later a brand new design will be released. I got mine as a gift from my parents (I have the color screen 4th gen) and a few months later the video iPod came out.

6. maceleven macrumors 6502

I beleive that apple will release it for christ-mas of 2007 :)

7. dancertom3 macrumors member

i dont think that there'll be any revisions just yet. the shuffle was the latest, and they'll keep making those for at least 6 months.

maybe closer to the iPhone release date they might get a touchscreen iPod out there..but don't expect any capacity changes...those will come about a month AFTER the new t-s ipod...they make more money that way. just like the macbooks! the first macbooks, the base model was a 1.63Ghz! Then they just kept upping the speed and the memory over the months.

a simple tactic, but oh so profitable.

8. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Soon enough. As much as we'd like it to be released tomorrow, it's just not going to happen for a few months.

9. TheDance511 thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you! i know i jsut cant wait!!!lets hope that apple makes haste mlfya:apple:

10. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Is there one of those Mac confrence thingies comin up?