When will there be new PowerMac's

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by JRM PowerPod, Mar 8, 2005.

1. JRM PowerPod macrumors 6502

Mar 7, 2005
    Outback Australia
    This has been spoken about before, but seriously how long is it going to take for new PowerMac's. The troubling thing is that we haven't even heard any rumblings so now that they are 100 days over due how much longer will it be. Surely we won't have to wait until WWDC for new PowerMac's to arrive alongside Tiger. If Apple want to release it with Tiger give us the PowerMac now and a coupon or something.

If and when we see the new PowerMac's they are surely going to have considerable upgrades, PCI Express graphics, DDR2, 3.0GHZ, standard 512mb ram and 1GIG on flagship, 250GB standard on upper model. Nvidia 6600 standard on base models and X800's on the flagship. Maybe optimistic but with the associated price tag should be necessary, (as we always say).

But regardless I'll be waiting for the next addition to the PowerMac line to add it to my PowerBook's.

When and what do you guys think Apple will release with regards to the PowerMac line. Thanks.
  2. RandomDeadHead macrumors 6502

Feb 8, 2003
    Exactly one week after you buy one.

WWDC most likely.
  3. Palomino macrumors member

Mar 6, 2005
    Adelaide, South Australia

I'd hate to be an apple share holder, I'd never have anyidea what's hpeening. Honestly though they will be released when they are released.

4. Kirk macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2004
    I’m starting to get a bad feeling that we won't not see an upgrade until WWDC. After all it is "only" 3 months away.

As for your upgrade predictions, I think they might may be a tad optimistic . . .

5. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Thank you, that brought a big smile to my face. I have no idea, it's a guess on everyone's part. Originally the prediction was for the March/April time slot. The reason for Apple to wait until WWDC, could be that it will be a major update and Steve wants to make the announcement himself.
  6. RandomDeadHead macrumors 6502

Feb 8, 2003
    Yes I agree, It's been so long since the last update that their are bound to be alot new/enhanced features. Faster proc, ddr2, PCI express, liquid nitrogen cooling system/internal AC unit. An update so big that Jobs will want to show it off himself.

The new Power Mac.
    Now with only a two month shiping delay.

I pitty the fool that orders a dual 2.5 PM this or next month.