When will Tiger be included?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by soccerfan, Jul 2, 2004.

1. soccerfan macrumors member

Aug 14, 2002
    When can I expect Tiger to be included on a new purchase? I'm going to buy a new iBook, but I'm concerned that I'll need to shell out another $100+ for Tiger shortly.
  2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    tiger is coming out in 2005, that means its 6 months away. Apple won't include it with computers until it is officially released to the public in 2005 ... so your gonna end up spending the money unless you want to wait half a year to get a computer.
  3. SwitchingSoon macrumors regular

Apr 14, 2004
    Saint Louis, MO
    check out konfabulator.com..... it's hilarious : "Cupertino, start your photocopiers!"

poor guys...getting their idea robbed ......apple could have at least bought the company...
  4. soccerfan thread starter macrumors member

Aug 14, 2002
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not into instant gratification, but 6 months might be a bit of a long wait....
  5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    im pretty sure that its been proven that konf. wasnt the first and that apple is not stealing anything at all

ontopic: yeah Tiger wont be released for a while so go ahead and get your book now if you need it, but if you want to wait at least six months thats cool, but they have not set a release date yet so it could be even longer into 05 before we see tiger on the selves
  6. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

Mar 3, 2004
    They said not until the first HALF of 2005. Notice they didn't say the first quarter. I'd speculate that means that we won't see Tiger until at least April.
  7. SwitchingSoon macrumors regular

Apr 14, 2004
    Saint Louis, MO

i guess if you really wanted to go back through history you could find earlier primative versions of konfabulator....pretty much like you could find earlier versions of everything invented in the past century...

but the look and feel is undeniably very similiar to konfabulator....

Anyways, on topic.........i would go ahead and get a computer right now, 6 months or more of waiting for an OS change would not be worth it...with all the possible delays and whatnot...
  8. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Feb 23, 2003
    That's because Konfabulator took the look and feel of aqua, they just borrowed Apple's user interface. Why should Apple do something different that doesn't fit with their current design aesthetic.

On topic: I wouldn't expect Tiger before April either, considering Apple are slowing development and how immature the Tiger preview is compared to Panther at the same time last year, I think there is a hell of a lot of work to be done.
  9. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Aug 9, 2002
    I'm expecting Tiger in March or April. Don't count on it being included in your next system unless youre going to wait almost a year.
  10. netytan macrumors 6502

May 23, 2004
    Yet another Mac newbie here.. what im wondering is does anyone think that Tigers look will change again before release? In particually the ugly Dashboard that people seem intent on arguing about ;).

I saw the screenshots here and just had to go Eeeak! Especially with this one - the windows looks fine, its the top bar that makes me wana screen (the blue & grey blobs at either end in particular :eek:).

Thanks guys,

11. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I think that at MWSF '05 we will know a lot more about the new features of Tiger. Steve will probably announce the release date during the Keynote. If you can wait till January, then your should know for sure.