When will we see a wireless iPod?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by debo, Jun 24, 2004.

1. debo macrumors regular

2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Summer 2005 - January 2006, is my guess.

Lee Tom

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i think wireless iPod will be a while simply because of the battery drain, perhaps a wireless dock? could come out sooner, still not as portable but better than haveing to use your computer

it would be cool if some third party could come up with a way to make the iPod wireless, but i guess they would need the software's code, which apple wont give up...sooo i guess maybe that wont happen, :(

4. jimjiminyjim macrumors 6502

Either way, I want one.
    First, of course, I'll need an iPod, and then, Airport Express, and well, it would probably be useful to have a card in the computer...

Well, the question is "when" not "if." That's a plus.

5. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

Acually I think/hope it might be the next revision. :) There will be an option to turn it on and off so as not to drain the battery life, however passwords on the ipod could be an issue. I'm guessing you would have to use a computer for that. Unless..... there was a keyboard..... that you could attach to the ipod :p

6. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

i think it's definately a possibility on the next revision
    PDA's, which are small like the iPod and have small batteries, already have wireless so it's not too difficult to get wireless into the iPod
    maybe on the high end iPod a nice color screen and 54Mb wireless with a 60GB HD

7. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

8. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

When Apple can figure out a way to squeeze more than 8 hours out of the iPod battery.

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i definately dont want or need a color screen, more than half the time i dont even look at the screen, i wish there was a powersaving feature that told the screen to shut off while playing music so battery life could be extended.....

10. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Sound

I want creatives EAX setting to be incorporated. Of course, that would give creative customers little reason to stick with their products. :p