When will we see Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by bplamotte, May 8, 2002.

1. bplamotte macrumors newbie

I was just wondering when do you think we will see built in bluetooth in apples? I wanted to see it in the recent powerbook update but there was nothing. They did get rid of the Ira port and Bluetooth Adapters are "temporarily unavailable" at the apple store. Are we getting close to something? Wouldn't it make sense to have this new portable/wireless feature in the top of the line powerbooks? or will we have to wait untill they are built into the towers? Do you think there are anyother adapters coming in soon that maybe internal in the powerbooks or maybe in the PC Card slot? Just wondering what everyone thinks on this new and exciting product..

2. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

Re: When will we see Bluetooth?

You asked when will we see bluetooth, and I ask when will we use it, as in, how useful is it really? Its so incredibly slow its only useful for things like synching address books. It seems to me a faster standard that could do the same things and more (perhaps a modification to airport for instance) would be infinitely more useful.

But in response to your post, I would be surprised if bluetooth wasn't built in to at least the high end of aple's product line by MWNY.