When will you purchase Tiger?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Blue Velvet, Oct 23, 2004.

  1. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2004
    #1
    A) I'll pre-order it asap, I can't wait!

    B) The day it's on the shelves, but I'll walk not run to the store.

    C) Within the first 3-4 of weeks of release, I'm easy.

    D) Once they've released 10.4.3 or 4... what do you think I am? Some kind of crazy early adopter?

    E) Once all my favorite apps have been updated
    (if Quark that means when hell freezes over)

    F) Couldn't care less: I'm happy with what I've got, thank you for asking...


    (Tried to create a poll, but couldn't...)

    Edit: forgot to put my own answer which is... D
    (no hurry, need a new HD, want to do a clean install -- anyway)
     
  2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

    edesignuk

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2002
    Location:
    London, England
  3. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

    neoelectronaut

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2003
    Location:
    Southeastern Louisiana
    #3
    Probably right after 10.4.2.

    That's dependant on money flow though. :D
     
  4. haiggy macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2003
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
  5. munkle macrumors 68030

    munkle

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2004
    Location:
    On a jet plane
  6. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

    jackieonasses

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2004
    Location:
    the great OKLAHOMA....
    #6
    i am going with B. I can't wait to get it, but i am not pre-ordering it so i can hear from other people how amazing/not amazing it is.
     
  7. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

    Jovian9

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2003
    Location:
    Planet Zebes
    #8
    A if it is released after June.

    None of the above it it is released before June....b/c I'll get a developers copy from them automatically :)
     
  8. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

    Littleodie914

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    Location:
    Rochester, NY
    #9
    (A) probably... I've been saving up my money for a while and I have just enough to get it. Plus I can't wait to see what new kinda features it's got :D
     
  9. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

    johnnyjibbs

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2003
    Location:
    London, UK
    #10
    Probably A or B. I didn't get Panther until December because I had to wait to see if Apple would give me it via the up-to-date program, even though I didn't quite qualify. (Apple was nice :) ). I'm not in a great hurry but I'm interested in the features. I'm not worried about using the 10.4.0 release.
     
  10. TLRedhawke macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2004
    #11
    As for timeframe, A, but I'll exploit the NFRs from work.
     
  11. jimjiminyjim macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2003
    Location:
    Canada
    #12
    Either A or C. It'll be a slightly spontaneous decision. :rolleyes:
     
  12. Ugg macrumors 68000

    Ugg

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2003
    Location:
    Penryn
    #13
    I'm planning on buying a laptop after Tiger comes out so it won't be a separate purchase.
     
  13. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

    Duff-Man

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2002
    Location:
    Albuquerque, NM
    #14
    Duff-Man says...A....I will order a "family pack" the day they start taking orders.....oh yeah!
     
  14. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

    Mechcozmo

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2004
    #15
    Family Pack. Between B or C. It looks really good. I hope it doesn't have any major problems that makes us hate if for life. But yeah, B or C.
     
  15. blackfox macrumors 65816

    blackfox

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2003
    Location:
    PDX
    #16
    G. I will be in the market for a new machine in early-to-mid 2005, so hopefully it will be bundled w/ the purchase.

    I still use Jaguar, btw...
     
  16. ravenvii macrumors 604

    ravenvii

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2004
    Location:
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    #17
    Probably C... But I'm not sure... I plan to buy a new laptop when the rev. B's of the next generation of PowerBooks, whether it's a dual G4 or a G5, so if the rev.B's are expected within a few months when Tiger arrives, and 10.5 is far off, then I'll get it with the laptop, but if the rev.B's are far off, I'll buy 10.4 within a couple of weeks of release, and wait for 10.5 before I buy a new computer. We'll see.
     
  17. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

    ~Shard~

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2003
    Location:
    1123.6536.5321
    #18
    H - I'll just wait for 10.5 Lion or 10.6 Egyptian Mau. :cool:
     
  18. zim macrumors 65816

    zim

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2002
    #19
    A or B, have not decided.. most likely A but possibly B. The wife will say Y, hehe.
     
  19. senseibiz macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2002
    Location:
    Las Vegas
  20. BWhaler macrumors 68020

    BWhaler

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2003
    #21
    A.

    No question about it.

    Tiger is looking to be a great upgrade.
     
  21. jsw Moderator emeritus

    jsw

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2004
    Location:
    Andover, MA
    #22
    As an ADC member, I suppose I sort of qualify as an 'A'. If I weren't already going to get it, I'd do sort of a B+ - I'd definitely be near the front of the line on Tiger day....
     
  22. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

    ~Shard~

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2003
    Location:
    1123.6536.5321
    #23
    I'm in no rush, but I would probably wait and see if a "Tiger + iLife '05" combo came out or something to that effect. Of course, it would depend when that would actually be offered - if it's like the current "Panther + iLife '04" promotion, which is being offered just before upgrades to both product lines (presumably), then maybe not... I'm still up in the air on this one...
     
  23. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

    SilentPanda

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2002
    Location:
    The Bamboo Forest
    #24
    I'm gonna have to go with this option also... 'cept I think I'm more an August type of person... so I should be a-okay.
     
  24. jherrling macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2004
    #25
    If it's out by WWDC 2005 it will come with my G5 that I will order for college next year, either already installed or by the up-to-date program. Thankfully I've only had to pay $129 only once to go from 10.0.1 to 10.3.5, all the rest were only $20 thanks to well timed CPU purchases. :D
     

Share This Page