when you die, how do you want to be "disposed of?"

Discussion in 'Community' started by shadowfax, Nov 10, 2003.

1. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

that's right. paper or plastic?

er, i mean, grave or furnace?
    do you want a gravestone?

personally, i think i'd want to be cremated, or buried in an unmarked grave in a plain wood coffin... like mozart :D

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I've seen the textbook for funeral services...freaky stuff! It's really gross what happens to a person after dying. :eek:

I want to be cremated without the whole embalming/funeral action. I don't want people to see me last in a casket looking unlike myself.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I hope that they are not bad flashbacks shadowfax. If so I'm sorry.

4. shadowfax thread starter macrumors 603

shadowfax

a car chase with a hearse.. back door flies open, dead bodies falling out of caskets, getting driven over, heads knocked off, and so on... it was bad like no other movie i have seen...

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

You are very up to date with current trends eyelikeart. More people are opting for cremation. My mother-in-law and a good friend were cremated. My father-in-law purchased a fancy sculpture made of bronze. It was a mountain with deer on the top, which he kept in the living room. He also purchased a duplicate smaller one, which he kept in the MBR. My wife and I want to be cremated.

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

That's right. ;)

I decided some years ago I didn't want the traditional burial. Having been born Catholic & lived here in the south all my life, funerals are traditional & a big deal in most cases. I don't want that, and it bothers some of my family. I like the idea of celebrating someone passing, not mourning it...that's how many cultures treat it as. ;)

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is what my friend had for his funeral. It was a celebration of his life at the memorial. Trying to be upbeat and supportive to the family.

8. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Ideally, I'll be stuffed.

Seriously speaking, I think I'd like to be cremated.

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Plan on cremation. Haven't really thought about disposal. Deciding what to do with the ashes. All of the wishes need to be in a will.

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I would like to be cremated.

I'd like my ashes to be burried outside my two childhood houses, but that is likely to change.

scem0

11. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

cheaply. so the remaining family can get together, throw a $%^ big party, and have a good time being together with each other. makes it worth while that way.

12. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

13. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I dont't actually know. Hopefully not with concrete boots on.

14. shadowfax thread starter macrumors 603

shadowfax

knowing you, tazo, you're probably going to end up crossing a mob and ending up that way....

any organ donors here? have any of you volunteered for that?

15. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

of course a donor. have you seen the new maryland lisence. all donors have a cute little cartoon heart on the front. i would post a pic but i'm not near a scanner at the moment

16. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    Oh, this ones' easy, I've given it much thought over the years.

Cremated. With instructions that my ashes be thrown in the face of Bill Gates.

17. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

did you know that your chest cavity will explode open if your corpse was dumped in the cremation furnace? Nasty eh?

18. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

;)

Thanks for the words of wisdom shadow ;0

19. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Take anything useful, toss me in the furnace, and dump my ashes into the pacific ocean, preferably from sunset beach or up by Bonny Doon.

I couldn't stand the thought of taking up useful space in a cemetary somewhere after I'm dead. What a waste.

20. shadowfax thread starter macrumors 603

shadowfax

indeed.

personally, i'd like to be scattered over the Jemez mountains in New Mexico. or the Gilas... off of some beautiful mountainside, anyhow.

21. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

my partner and i are going to be cremated, with the understanding that whichever survives will keep the ashes so they can be scattered together. i know it's sappy and all but i want our bodies, or what's left of them, to be together as long as they can.

and i hate the idea of caskets in cremation, i'm opting for cardboard box. a lot less chemicals and other stuff mixed in...

pnw

22. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I would prefer to be cremated and then jettisoned into a black hole.

23. medea macrumors 68030

medea

24. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

when i die .. i won't be in my own funerals. i hate funerals.

and if my friends will keep a memorial, ... here my wishes:

1) no unhappy or sad people there. i am dead. adapt to it. keep thinking of what i was (the positive sides of it). my love will be there with you when you will need.

2) nobody dressed in black (except steve jobs in the rare rare case he would be there). if you wear always black like i do, get any other color clothes to the party. wear HAPPY clothes. i don't want anything sad there.

3) no religious crap. if you know what i believe in, lucky you. if you don't, i don't want any non-sense any kind of religion anything there. keep in your own information what you believe in. if you have the tibetan death book, you are welcome to read that to me every day since i die for the next 49 days (if you have nothing else to do or just want to do it) but otherwise, no religion please.

4) party. i want everyone to have good time. so drink (not too much but moderately) and eat something, just party and feel good. life continues, and as i don't have only one life, be sure i'll be here again one day.

that's pretty much about it. i don't care what you do to my body, just return it to the city where my heart is (if you really know where it is), or just leave my body where ever it is.

by the way, my pulse is sometimes 36- 40 bpm when i wake up. should i consider that hormal?

25. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I don't have an organ but I'll probably donate my digital piano after I'm dead and cremated.