When you put your 17" hi-res to sleep, does your screen flicker?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by BENJMNS, Jan 7, 2006.

1. BENJMNS macrumors 6502

Dec 28, 2005
    I just read up on this in the apple forums and it's happening on my unit which is the 1.67ghz hi-res 17" unit.

Just put your PB to sleep with the lid open. The right half of your screen will flash almost like a warning beacon. Maybe yours does not.

Wondering if this should be a concern.
  2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

May 29, 2005
    Even if it does happen to all the PBs out there, I don't think it would harm the hardware.
  3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder
    Well, I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable with that. Has anyone called Apple about this?
  4. BENJMNS thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 28, 2005
    I believe some of the folks called on the apple forum, but just like the 15" line issue, no response.

Ahhh man I just want a no-issue PB. returned the 15 and now this flickering deal w/ no idea whether it's a sign of bigger, worse things to come for the display.
  5. RobertMartin macrumors newbie

Jan 6, 2006
    I got the same problem - I first thought I got a bad pb and returend it, but now I have my third one (2 times returned) and nothing changed. Apple Support is always telling me: "Thats the first time we hear about this problem". I would give it back if I would not need it!
  6. BENJMNS thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 28, 2005
    i'm starting to think this is like the 15" problem horiz line issue but the 17" universal issue.

i never put my pb to sleep with lid open, but bugs me since it's new. maybe i should return it and just get a dirt cheap windows laptop...
  7. joepunk macrumors 68030

Aug 5, 2004
    a profane existence
    It happens several times on my PB. Have not taken it in for a checkup at an Apple store. I can't really part with it at the moment.

I also have white spots appearing even though this is not the officially affected PB version.
  8. BENJMNS thread starter macrumors 6502

Dec 28, 2005
    if i turn bluetooth off, i notice that it doesn't flicker.

i use both an apple bt mouse and keyboard. wtf.