When you put your 17" hi-res to sleep, does your screen flicker?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by BENJMNS, Jan 7, 2006.

1. BENJMNS macrumors 6502

BENJMNS

I just read up on this in the apple forums and it's happening on my unit which is the 1.67ghz hi-res 17" unit.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=226313&tstart=15

Just put your PB to sleep with the lid open. The right half of your screen will flash almost like a warning beacon. Maybe yours does not.

Wondering if this should be a concern.

2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Even if it does happen to all the PBs out there, I don't think it would harm the hardware.

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Well, I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable with that. Has anyone called Apple about this?

4. BENJMNS thread starter macrumors 6502

BENJMNS

I believe some of the folks called on the apple forum, but just like the 15" line issue, no response.

Ahhh man I just want a no-issue PB. returned the 15 and now this flickering deal w/ no idea whether it's a sign of bigger, worse things to come for the display.

5. RobertMartin macrumors newbie

I got the same problem - I first thought I got a bad pb and returend it, but now I have my third one (2 times returned) and nothing changed. Apple Support is always telling me: "Thats the first time we hear about this problem". I would give it back if I would not need it!
    Rob

6. BENJMNS thread starter macrumors 6502

BENJMNS

i'm starting to think this is like the 15" problem horiz line issue but the 17" universal issue.

i never put my pb to sleep with lid open, but bugs me since it's new. maybe i should return it and just get a dirt cheap windows laptop...

7. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

It happens several times on my PB. Have not taken it in for a checkup at an Apple store. I can't really part with it at the moment.

I also have white spots appearing even though this is not the officially affected PB version.

8. BENJMNS thread starter macrumors 6502

BENJMNS

if i turn bluetooth off, i notice that it doesn't flicker.

i use both an apple bt mouse and keyboard. wtf.