Whenever streaming (with windows media player) I just get Connectiong to media!!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kbonnel, Jun 30, 2005.

1. kbonnel macrumors 6502

Hello,

For some reason, and I don't know when it started, everytime I go to a website that streams window media contect my player will just say "Connecting to media...". It will sit there for 3 or 4 minutes and then it will start playing. I also notice this with iTunes radio. It used to be instant. I have a 8MB down 2MB up pipe, so I don't have a bandwidth issue. This isn't just video stuff, it is also radio broadcasts.

Any ideas?

Kimo

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What are you complaining about? WMP is working. Just because you want to see something, the server is not going to allow you to jump ahead of the thousands of requests before yours.

3. kbonnel thread starter macrumors 6502

Ahhh come on, I am special :)

But really, any ideas? I don't think it has to do with other requests, as it used to work "perfect" before. I am just happy that eventually it does work. :rolleyes:

Kimo

4. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

This is a problem with WMP9 and Tiger. I've been having the problem ever since upgrading. I know it's not my connection or the server, since I administer the server, and my PC on the same connection as the Mac connects within seconds.

5. izzane macrumors newbie

Wmp

Hi,

This is a serious problem that everybody might have. I tried all the sites that stream videos and music with WMP, none works. The videos/musics made for RealPlayer work perfectly, but for WMP, nothing, nada, rien, walou.

WMP sucks

6. izzane macrumors newbie

Wmp

And I think there is no cure for this at this time. It's like AIDS.

7. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

well i have a problem of my own... i just get a lego piece with a question mark on it... and i DO have WMP installed