When's the next Apple 'Event' that could bring new systems?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Spanky Deluxe, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Mar 17, 2005
    London, UK
    After the whole Mac Mini B waiting thread I've been wondering what possible dates (apart from Tuesdays) do updates possibly come? I've heard they often appear after Mac Expos or Developer Conventions etc. When are the next few of these 'events'?

I'd really like to wait a bit until the Mac Mini Rev B comes out. The x86 switch I can handle since come two years time it'll be time for my Dell 8600 laptop to go into retirement, at which point a dual booting Apple will do me nicely!

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2001
    The Cool Part of CA, USA
    Well, the next big one is Apple Expo Paris, on the 20th of September. Being a consumer show, that'd be a good place to announce a new consumer product, but I'm not sure that Apple's going to let the iBooks sit that long.

I think the generic "any Tuesday now" seems more likely unless there's going to be a drastic iBook redesign that Apple feels worth trumpeting. Seems like that day will more likely be saved for the transition to Pentium M chips, which would be Macworld in January at the absolute earliest (probably not until summer realistically), and the'll just be speedbumps in between, though.
  3. Runaway macrumors newbie

Jun 14, 2005
  4. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

Aug 10, 2003
    steve jobs doesn't like the boston expo too much. its *definitely* not a very big expo anymore, since apple doesn't attend
  5. The_Man macrumors 6502

Jun 10, 2005
    What about the NECC thats coming up on the 27th.